00

"[name] is coming home on friday. we bought his plane ticket last night." tadashi's voice was quiet, as it always was in the morning. he ran his fingers through his olive-green hair, the corner of his lip twitching upward as he thought. he was unsure whether he should be telling his best friend this.

     kei and [name] had an odd relationship. they were one of those pairings that people couldn't quite understand, but happened to work well together. after tadashi, [name] was the only other person kei could have a decent conversation with.

     "he said he would be here three months ago," kei said, sighing and resting his headphones on his neck. the amount of times he stayed over at tadashi's house in hopes [name] would burst through the door had become tiring. "are you sure he's set on coming home this time?"

     tadashi nodded slowly, a tired expression showing on his face. he poked his cheek with his tongue as he held the gym door open.

     "all he said was america wasn't his thing, and he needed a ticket home as soon as possible." the greenish-haired boy never enjoyed the thought of his brother being in a different county, but the tone of his voice on that phone call last night was something he enjoyed much less. "i guess he's homesick or something."

     kei walked through the door first, stoping and waiting for tadashi before continuing to walk. the two first-years set their bags down. everything was calm—peaceful even—until a loud thud came from the half open door.

     asahi flinched, and tadashi chuckled.

     hinata and kageyama managed to arrive at a normal time today, instead of the crack of dawn. though that fact seemed to take a toll on them.

     "ha! i got here first!" the oldest of the first years taunted.

     "that doesn't count! you dove straight through the door!" kageyama yelled back, his hands flying up in the air in evident anger.

     "both of you shut up!" ennoshita—who was currently trying to read in the left corner of the gym—shouted, annoyance lacing his tone. his lip twitched as he looked back down at the book in his hands. practice didn't start for another ten minutes, and ennoshita was currently way too invested to stop in the middle of this chapter.

     with that, the freak duo shut their mouth's. kageyama walked over to one side of the gym, and hinata went to the other. just like daichi, enoshita was scary when he was angry and neither of the two first years wanted to deal with being yelled at this early.

     kei watched as s kageyama walked over to tadashi. he was aware that they had been talking more in the recent weeks, but it was still strange to him. the blond frowned at them for a moment before he put his headphones back on.

     he couldn't wait for [name] to come back.