"By the way, I stopped by the market not too long ago and I bumped into Emily." Sweeney lifted an eyebrow in confusion.

"Alexander's wife," Nellie reminded him and he only nodded his head now remembering the lawyer's wife.

"What about her?" He asked.

"She seems to look glum as well, in fact she thinks her husband is having an affair with some whore." She inhaled some oxygen as she got ready to say the next words out of her mouth.

"I think she thinks I'm the one sleepin' around with Alex, but that ain't true. He don't seem the type to go behind his wife's back, and he has children! I don't know what's wrong with that woman but the only reason he comes home late looking like he got into a tiger's cage is because he's working on our crimes!" Nellie started to panic a little and Sweeney was quick to get up on his feet and place a hand on the baker's shoulder.

"Easy pet" he muttered, "you women are dramatic about everything" that last part sounded like a joke and Nellie seemed to ease down and let out a small chuckle at Sweeney's comment.

"I guess you're right. That woman needs to learn and appreciate her husband, just like I appreciate you" she said that last part proudly and gave Sweeney a light kiss on the lips.

"I'll go prepare lunch, see you in a couple of hours darling" she smiled at him to which he returned until he retreated back to his shop and Nellie went back into her pie shop to the kitchen and prepared lunch.

***

That night once Toby went to bed, Nellie promised a grand feast with her barber in honor to celebrate the success of killing the infamous Judge Turpin. The two sat across from each other and various foods surrounded them, from roast chicken to some fruit on a bowl and a small basket of bread and a tray of different soups and salads with vegetables on them and a couple of sweets around the table as well.

Sweeney was appalled by the sight, "you didn't had to make all of this, Pet. It's just the two of us" he told her and he was right because there were big portions of food that he knew neither he nor the baker will finish eating.

"I couldn't help myself, love" she smiled at him and placed her fork on a piece of the roast chicken she got. "We'll give the left overs to the boy if we don't finish everything" she added and bit into her chicken. Sweeney did the same as he slurped on the vegetable soup Nellie made.

Once most of their food was gone, they went in for the gin and what happened next was a blur because the next morning, Nellie woke up from the sound of knocking coming from the front door which gave her a massive migraine and she rubbed her eyes and realized her dress was destroyed. She turned around and saw Sweeney sleeping besides her on the floor with only his shirt and drawers.

She was blushing madly, and blushing more when the knocking of her front door continued only louder as the minutes went by. So she quickly got off the floor and ran to her room and put on a simple dress but didn't bother to brush her hair knowing that someone was waiting impatiently outside.

Once she got a dress on, she rushed back down to Sweeney and nudged on his arm to wake him up. "Sweeney wake up, someone's at the door" she whispered to him and after a few seconds he awoke and instantly placed his hand on his forehead and complained about his head hurting, though Nellie told him to stop whining and put his clothes on for they apparently have an early customer.

"Who in bloody hell is knocking at this hour?" Nellie grumbled to herself as she headed to the door once Sweeney was dressed and sat on a booth. To her surprise, when she opened the door, she was greeted by Alex who looked as pale as a ghost.

"Alex..."

"Judge Turpin has gone missing!" The lawyer said in panic before he even allowed Nellie to say anything. Both Sweeney and Nellie pretended to look surprised and horrified at the news. "The honorable Judge Turpin? Oh what horrible news!" Nellie put her acting skills on, pretending to sound like a damsel filled with sorrow after learning that her shining armor has died while trying to save her.