• Chapter 27 •

Start from the beginning

Price had his own ways to find out the truth, and there was nobody in the world that could hide from his wrath, especially when it came to Rora.

„Did the boys treat you right?" Price asked when they finally parted, Rora desperately trying to wipe away her tears in an instant. Her gaze involuntarily wandered to Ghost, who was standing a few feet away from them, talking with Alejandro.

„Yeah," she nodded, forcing a smile. „MacTavish is a pain in the ass, though."

Price let out a hearty laugh, his eyes crinkling at the corner. Finally, her smile wasn't that forced.

„You found your man, then!" he reached into his pocket, pulling out a cigar.

„And you'll lose your lungs in a week, old man," she snatched his cigar away, earning a disapproving look from him. She only flashed him an innocent smile. „Who looks out for you, if not me?"

And while they joked around and caught up on their previous missions, she desperately tried to ignore Ghost and the weight of his gaze on her.

°•○●⸸●○•°

Rora huffed out another annoyed breath, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she watched the boys have fun. It was almost like a practice session, but all of them tried to be better than the others, and the whole thing turned into another competition for them. Sadly, she had to sit this one out because of her leg, and because none of them let her join.

„Just rest, flower, you'll need the energy," Price said.

„You're tough, Wellsy, but just sit this one out, 'kay? We'll play that cursed card game of yours after this," Soap ruffled her hair, and in response, she punched him in the ribs.

„Hermana," Alejandro groaned out when he saw her head towards the practice area. Grabbing her arm gently, he held her back, forcing her to look him in the face. „I'm worried for you. You seem out of it. Do you want to talk?"

And when she finally had enough of them, she sat down to a table, having the perfect view of their little competition, joking around and throwing each other around. She was busy frowning and throwing daggers with her eyes towards Ghost while balancing her own throwing knife on the table. The idea of chucking it towards him and seeing if his reflexes were really that good sounded more and more intriguing. Until she heard steps approaching her.

„I swear to God," she rolled her eyes, letting her throwing knife fall back on the tabletop. „If one of you motherfuckers lecture me again, I'll fuckin' throw hands!"

„I didn't plan on doing that," Rudy replied, a hurt expression taking over his face. Immediately, guilt took over her features.

„I'm so sorry, Rudy!" she ushered out, removing her leg from the seat next to her, and motioning for him to sit down.

„It's okay," he sent her a smile, placing down a cold glass of lemonade in front of her. There was even a piece of lemon in it. „Thought you could use this."

„That's so sweet of you," Rora gushed, now genuinely feeling like she should punch herself. Here she was threatening him, and he only brought her lemonade. „I feel so bad."

„It's fine, hermana, really," he chuckled, taking the seat next to her.

As she sipped on the lemonade, both of them watched the others train. Soap and Alejandro were throwing each other around for fun, Alejandro teaching some Spanish here and there for him. Their dynamic made her smile, it was truly adorable. There were some Vaqueros cheering their Colonel on, while some others were training beside them.