"But it's not summer," I said.

She laughed. "In other countries it is, you never know when Kaian would bring you somewhere hot,"

Oh. I didn't know how to feel about that.

"You know, purple really is your color," Nyah said.

"It's my favorite, actually, reminds me of dawn in the wintertime," I told her. "And thanks,"

"That's the cutest thing I've heard anyone say about a color, Nyah's right, it suits you,"

Eliana asked me to show her the list again and she gave the chaperone my phone from which the lady took notes from. She literally took a pen and paper from her back pocket and jotted that stuff down.

We started with the dresses, from casual ones to the more fancy gowns and we finished picking out the ones that I thought looked good. We went to the changing rooms that looked like the change rooms you'd see at a wedding gown store. There was a stage surrounded by mirrors and couches. Bright lighting, magazines on little side tables by the couches and pastries. Pastries!

Nyah and Eliana sat down on one of the couches and the chaperone led me to one of the changing rooms.

"Let me know if you need help with anything, I'll be right here," she said, drawing the curtain open and handing me the casual dresses.

There were ten of them and I started with the short ones. Trying each one by one, making my own judgment and when I liked it, I showed it to the girls, when I didn't, I gave it back to the chaperone.

Next were the evening gowns, one of these dresses was gonna be worn to the party and the one I ended up choosing was an off-the-shoulder, ankle-length navy blue dress, with a slit that started at my thigh. It was pretty, a little risky, but pretty.

Eliana chose a similar dress, except hers only had an asymmetric sleeve, and her dress glittered in the light. Nyah was going to wear a white, lace top with a navy blue skirt that went down to her knees. It was both simple and elegant.

Next on our little shopping spree were other work clothes, shirts, blouses, skirts, and trousers. Then we bought some athletic clothes from a brand that they both swore by.

After paying for everything in that shop, and giving them the address to my apartment, apparently, they delivered the clothes to your residence right after you purchased them. A new feature they started this year.

"I love it so much because now, we won't need multiple cars to get the clothes home," Eliana said. I have never bought that many clothes in my entire life, my entire closet could probably fit in one suitcase, but I guess not anymore.

"And they get there today?" I asked.

"Yup," she answered. "The service is amazing,"

Wow.

Our next stop was a store specific to shoes, Eliana picked out heels, running shoes, and a bunch of other styles of every possible color in the freaking spectrum of colors.

She made me try them on, made me walk in them, and asked me to pick out my favorite ones.

I saw sneakers my sister would love and asked for her size. I asked the cashier to give me a separate receipt for it so I can pay Kaian back for them.

"Okay, all we have left is accessories," Eliana grinned, linking our arms together.

Nyah left us at the shoe store to go to the bookstore and told us she'd call us when she was finished and meet us wherever we were then.

"Nyah could spend hours at the bookstore, you should see her collection, she had hundreds, maybe even thousands of books,"

"It's her collection," I said.

"It's an obsession, but she hates it when I call it that," she laughed.

"Thts like my brother, he reads a lot," I told her. "He buys books whenever he has extra money, but lately, he hasn't been able to because we were running low on cash and I feel really bad because he should be able to buy the stuff he wants, you know?" I told her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make it about me, it's just that it reminded me of him,"

"Don't apologize, tell you what, maybe we can buy him some books, or I can get him a gift card so he can pick out his own books,"

It was thoughtful of her to do that and I appreciated it, but they were already doing so much for me.

"It's okay, I'll do that when I get my next pay," I said.

"Think of it as a gift," she said. "And your sister, what does she like?"

"My sister? She's really into fashion, I'm sure if she had it her way, she'd buy designer clothes and bags and stuff like that,"

"Perfect! There's stuff in my closet, brand new things, that get sent to me by brands I buy from, a lot of them are duplicates, so I can give her those," she said. "Do you know her favorite brand?" She asked.

I couldn't speak for a moment because her kindness was going to make me cry and I cleared the lump in my throat. "No, I'm not sure, but she'll appreciate that a lot,"

"I'm glad," she said. "I'll get something for your parents too, you told me your dad likes music, right? And so does your mom, maybe we could buy them a record player with records of all of their favorite songs, do you think that'll make them happy?"

"It would," I admitted. "It really would, but please, Eliana, I don't want you to feel obligated to do that for my family,"

"I don't feel obligated, I just want to do it because I know they deserve it, and you deserve it too." She said, squeezing my arm. "To be completely honest with you, I don't know how you can be so selfless, putting their interests before your own. It's understandable, I mean, to me, my family is everything. I just don't think I'd be able to not think about me, you know?" she explained. "It sounds selfish, but I don't think it is, to worry about yourself, sometimes, that's not selfish right?"

"No, not at all," I admitted.

We finished up the rest of our shopping and by the time we got back home, my feet were hurting from all the walking we did and I was feeling dirty, as much as the stores we had been to were gorgeous and elegant, I never felt comfortable with the idea that I tried on clothes somebody else had tried on before me.

So I took a quick shower, changed into a t-shirt and sleeping shorts, then went to the living room to watch a movie.

About halfway through the film, I got a text from the group chat Eliana made for the three of us.

Eliana texted that she booked a spa day for all of us and she was coming to pick us up tomorrow.

I knew there were a lot of things I needed to get used to in this world, but I never knew being pampered would be one of them.

The thought excites me.