"Alright, and will it be the usual for you, Mr. Volkov?"

     "Just the coffee, I've lost my appetite,"

     Mireya looked at me with a tilt to her head, in silent question.

     "How can you lose your appetite? It smells so freaking good in here, even if I was full to the point of throwing up, I'd still want to eat,"

     "How much money do you have left in your account,"

     "Not a dime," she answered. "I paid for my mom's medical bills, so it cleared my balance,"

      I sighed, took my wallet out, and handed her one of my cards. "Read the fucking email. And buy everything on the list," I said, sliding the card toward her. "And from now on, everything that you receive from me must be read. And every order I give, followed,"

     "Um, before I accept this," she said, tapping the card. "Will it be deducted from my salary?"

     "No,"

     "Ok, thanks," she said, took the card, and slipped it into the duffel bag.

     The food arrived right away and she grinned so widely at the food, I was sure her cheeks hurt. Then, she took out her phone and took pictures of her food, rearranging the way it was set up on the table.

     After about ten minutes of her little pictorial session, she put her phone away and took one triangle-cut sandwich, and took off the crust.

    "So the gala," she said, taking a bite.

     I sipped my coffee and waited to hear what she had to say.

     "Where is it gonna be at?"

     "The celebrant's house,"

      "And that house is supposed to fit every single person in that binder?"

      "More than the people listed in that binder,"

      "Wow," she sighed. "I don't think I've ever been anywhere that huge before,"

      "I will have my assistant send you an email regarding all the details of the event. Comply with every single one of them,"

      "Is that all?" She asked.

      "Yes, unless you have any questions,"

       "I don't," she said, poking a pineapple with the little toothpick umbrella that was on her drink. "So are you leaving now?"

      "No," I answered. "I have another meeting," I lied. For some reason, I had this unsettling, yet tempting feeling to be around her.

      "Here?"

      "Yes, here. So hurry up and finish your food,"

      "I just got it!"

      I ignored her and continued to drink my coffee.

      "Grump," she muttered. "Your heart is probably as dark as the coffee you drink,"

      "Perhaps," I said. "That's why I like it,"

༻✦༺

     "Malachi sit down," Ivan ordered. We were at the main office, having a meeting Ivan called for. So far, the only ones present were Ivan, Malachi, Amir, and me.