CHAPTER FIFTEEN, sleepovers & broadway transformation

Start from the beginning

"If only I'd come sooner." Ophelia spoke in a sad tone and just like what Belle did during this scene she pulled him closer.

Ricky puts hand on her arm. "Maybe it's better this way..."

"Don't talk like that." Ophelia interrupts him in a firm tone with teary eyes. "Everything will be fine."

"No." 

Ophelia softly shushes him. "We're together now. You'll see." 

Ricky reaches his hand up to caress the side of her face. "I'm just glad I was able to see your face one last..." He lowered his arm, pretending to choke. Miss Jenn then gestured to Seb to start playing.

"We are home. We are where we shall be forever." Noticing that Ricky was pulling hair out of his mouth from the Beast mask, Ophelia grabs onto his hand. "Trust in me, for you now I won't run away."

"Belle, I...."

"Yes?" Ophelia softly said and she gasps like Belle did when the Beast died as Ricky turns over onto his stomach, pretending to die. She starts to think of how it would be like to actually lose Ricky which brought tears to her eyes and made her heart ache. She breathes heavily, staring down at Ricky worriedly. "No, no," She leans over Ricky, gently shaking him. "Please don't leave me. Please." In a shaky tone, she says, "I love you." 

Then Ricky tried getting the Beast mask off to do the transformation, but it wasn't coming off as easy as he thought it would. Ophelia awkwardly smiles at everyone, covering Ricky with her cloak. "It's stuck." Ricky announced.

Kourtney stands up from her place she sat at and exclaims out of frustration, "Rip the Velcro!"

Ophelia pulls away when Ricky finally got the Beast mask off. "I got it." Ricky spoke, throwing the Beast mask to where Natalie stood off to the side. Natalie stumbled as she reached to catch it. She bumped into a tree prop, causing everyone to gasp, watching wtith wide eyes as the tree props began to fall like dominos. 

Fallon yelps when one of the tree props got to closer for comfort, sighing with relief when EJ grabbed her arm and pulled her back before she could get hit. He glances at her with concern, taking his hand off her arm. "You good?" 

"Yeah," Fallon sends him a small smile. She then glances at the tree props and breaths shakily. "Just startled." 

"Cut!" Miss Jenn shouted.

Ricky grimaces, glancing over at Natalie with an apologetic expression. "Sorry, Natalie."

"It's okay." Natalie responds. "It was just my face."

Ricky glances at Ophelia with a sheepish expression. "Guess I should practice that throw, huh?"

"Yeah, kinda." Ophelia nodded and chuckled lightly.

"The throw is great, Ricky." Miss Jenn calls out as she stands. "The mask is great. This is working. I will be in my office." She then walked off the stage and Ophelia watched her leave with concern. She knew that Miss Jenn was worried about this scene after seeing the forced smile on her face.

"Guys, we're on a long five until Miss Jenn returns." Carlos announced before he walked away.

Ophelia glances at Ricky while he gets up. She frowns slightly when she noticed his solemn expression. She stands and follows him. "Rick, you okay?"

"Yeah," Ricky reassures her, picking up his backpack. "I'll get it eventually."

"How are you doing?" Ophelia asks him, looking at him with concern as she unbuttons the cloak. "I haven't gotten to ask you about that since you got back."