One

"Shine" I sing the song my mother—before she died—would sing to me as a child "And we dance and we dance in an endless flow"

"Ahem" I jump up with my knife—that is bloody from cutting up the walker—in hand as I stare at a human in a hospital gown looking at me all scared, a hand on his side as he looks at me "um...hello miss, I'm Officer Rick Grimes—would" shaking his head, I see he is disoriented still "could you tell me what happened?"

I stare at him then look into the hospital then to him "Your wound" I motion to his chest where there is a gauze over it "Where did you get that wound from?"

He blinks "A gunshot" I clean my blade before sheathing it, going over to him I check his forehead "I...I just woke up"

"Come" I wrap my arm around his waist and put his arm on my shoulder to help him "we can go to my place"

"No" shaking his head "no...my home, I need to go home—my family...my wife, my son"

"Where is your home?" I ask, leaving the dead body. Hell, I got everything I need from the walker so I don't really need it anymore. Getting him to my truck—which I've spelled so that it would only need heat from the sun and at night light from the moon, no fossil fuels—I help him into the passenger seat. When I get into the drivers seat, I turn on the truck that I've made so that it's silent before we drive.

"This" he points down one road "this way"

"I'm Phoenix" introducing myself to the man "how long have you been in the hospital?"

"I—I don't know" he points to a house "this is my home" I nod my head, stopping the car I turn it off before getting out to help him to his home. When he goes in, he calls out "Lori!" Pushing away as he goes into one room "Lori!" I look around the living room, it appears this place is and I see some books. Grabbing one, I look at it as Rick yells "Carl! Carl!" His heartbeat starts to quicken as he walks around yelling "Lori! Carl!" Walkers will be here if he keeps yelling, but I'll protect him.

He is back in here and falls to the ground, crying. "Lori!" He cries "Carl!" I mean this is a lot, who knows how long he's been asleep. One day he has a family and the next his family is gone.

Sitting down, I start to read the book I grabbed. As I read, the human freaks out—I know he's human, because he smells human. See each supernatural has their own scent, but also I can't sense any magic from him and magical creatures have an imprint if you can describe it to show what kind of creature you are.

"They may not be dead" he looks my way as I begin chapter two "your wife and son"

He sniffles standing up "How...how could you know that?"

"How close were you and your wife?" I ask not looking at him, I have one leg over the other as I read.

"We loved one another dearly" he gets a bit angered at me.

"I don't see any photos" I flip another page "but there are nails on the wall, so there is only one possible way...she packed them up and took her and your boy out of here"

"Then...then I need to find them" he leaves the house, shaking my head I just sit here and wait. Until I hear a gunshot fire, dropping the book I run out of the house to see two men—a man and a boy—both with mocha colored skin. Father and son by the looks of it.

"Dad!" The boy points to me, the man points his gun to me and I use my magic taking it from him. He and the boy are shocked when I do this—I doubt the rules of keeping supernaturals hidden apply anymore given the events—going to Rick, I check him making sure he isn't too badly injured.

"Hit me with that" I warn the child since he had a shovel in his hand "and I'll beat you with it"

"Don't threaten my boy!" The man yells

Rolling my eyes, I stand up and that kid hits me but the shovel breaks off. He and the man look at me shocked "Walkers are coming" I pick up Rick and look at the two men "let's get off the street, yeah?"

~Time Skip~

I lean against the wall as the three men look at me, Rick woke up some time ago and the father son duo—Morgan and his son Duane—have been filling them in on what has happened lately. I went back to my home and packed everything up, then I put it into my bag. Most witches or near all witches did what I did when this world went to shit, we packed our things up and left. They probably went to another universe—one where the universe did have an apocalys but no walkers, instead just bombs. So their going to start new with many other supernaturals along with some humans...except cold one vampires. No supernatural wishes for a cold one to be there due to Aro the main king of vampire and the Cullens, they don't want to risk Aro or any Cullen finding a way there—one witch told me...she even gave me the spell to hand to any other witch I find before she and her daughter left. She also told me that they are going to wait a hundred to two hundred years before coming back here and seeing if things are the same or if they don't come back at all. I don't know why I'm staying, maybe it's because I know I don't belong being part witch and part cold one.

"What are you?" Rick asks me finally after being told about the world going to shit, well more shit than it already has been.

"I'm a hybrid" there is no point, I mean the rules I don't think as I said before apply anymore "half witch, half cold one vampire"

"What?" Morgan asks pushing his boy behind him

"Don't worry" waving my hand "I'm not going to hurt you, it's the cold one vampires you need to worry about"

"Could you" Rick asks "Could you please explain?"

"As you know, the world is fucked up" tilting my head "but supernaturals do or most did live here before leaving—the only ones you need to worry about are cold one vampires. You'll know by their skin being ice cold, red eyes and their skin sparkling in the sun" they listen to me "but it won't matter, most of the cold ones are in Italy" yes, Aro made Volterra the new city for vampires. Apparently there is a vampire who can turn the zombie blood into edible to tolerable blood to drink so—I've tasted walker blood, tastes like absolute shit. It's why I found a way through magic to turn the blood I get into drinkable good blood that tastes like Sangria—I won't go to Volterra, not be under Aro's rule. He was a tyrant before but this apocalypse even though it's been a short time, has made it worse "any vampire you meet will be ones with golden eyes that drink animal blood, don't trust them. Actually don't trust most vampires you meet"

"So that means we can't trust you?" Morgan holds his knife out, I hold my hand out and the knife flies into my hand.

"I won't hurt you" checking the knife out "promise...if I wanted to kill your I would but I won't. Unlike cold ones, I'm a hybrid. So I can survive either off blood or human food" pointing my knife at them "make no mistake, you can't kill a vampire. They will kill you"