00:02

Cameron was awoken by the the aggravating sound of his alarm. It being a Saturday and Cameron recovering from last night's partying, he would usually sleep in. But not today. For today was special, maybe not to anyone else but for Cameron today was monumental. Today was the day Cameron would begin his vow, today was the day Luna would roll out of Cameron's bed. He was unsure as to how Luna would feel about today, but he knew he was eager to start his plan.

Shutting off the repeated buzzing coming from his phone, Cameron glanced at the time. 9:00 am. Just a mere five hours after him and Luna had arrived at his apartment. Cameron intended to let Luna sleep in until at least 11:00 after last night's events but he knew he would need a minimum of two hours to complete his goal. He was aware that his plan sacrificed his much needed sleep though for some reason he didn't care. If it meant fulfilling his pledge, Cameron would forfeit whatever it took. Whether or not it was crazy for him to willingly give up something for a girl he just met, Cameron would do it solely to see Luna smile.

Careful not to wake Luna on his way to the kitchen, Cameron's plan was underway. Pulling out the many pots, pans, and utensils he thought he would need, Cameron made sure to retrieve the dusty cookbooks his mother had gotten him when he moved out. He rarely used them and his diet mainly consisted of take-out meals but he felt it would be more sincere for Luna's grand breakfast to be homemade. Cameron was clueless as to what Luna enjoyed for breakfast so he did the next best thing; he made everything. Eggs, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, anything you could think of. He got through most of the planned dishes with ease. The eggs were especially manageable seeing how Cameron occasionally made them for himself when he felt up to it. But when it came time for the pancakes, things got difficult.

Cameron read the recipe word for word and when he was sure he understood it he began. Putting the ingredients into the bowl was effortless, the mixing not so much. Again thanks to his mother, Cameron was blessed to have an electric mixer. To him it was pure logic to put it on the highest setting, the faster it mixed the easier it would be. Cameron soon found out that he thought wrong. The second the spinning whisks hit the contents of the bowl, everything went flying. The walls and counters were covered in flour and raw eggs, Cameron was equally as clean. As he wiped the substances from his eyes, he was faced with the petite girl attempting to cover her contagious smile.

Cameron couldn't help but admire how attractive she looked in his clothes. More than usual that is. There was just something about a sweet girl wearing boys clothing. It accentuated her gloriously delicate frame, and Cameron couldn't seem to look away.

As soon as they made eye contact, Luna burst into a fit of laughter. Despite his pancakes being ruined, Cameron let out a smile as well. It was almost impossible for him not to with Luna's own beaming smile before him.

"What are you trying to do Cameron?" she asked as she got over her fit of giggles.

"I was attempting to make you an extravagant breakfast, but the pancakes were a bit too complicated for my skill set I guess."

"What all did you make?"

"Pretty much everything, well except pancakes obviously."

"Everything?" Luna questioned, a shocked expression drawn upon her face.

"I wasn't sure what you liked and I wanted it to be perfect." Cameron sweetly replied, a small smile sent in Luna's direction.

"Wow, thank you Cameron. No one's every gone through that much trouble for me. Not even Zack."

"Zack?"

"Oh, yeah Zack. My ex-boyfriend, the one from the picture." Luna answered, her mood dropping at the mention of her lost love.

"Well he should've gone through this much trouble. You deserve it Luna."

"Thank you Cameron." she gratefully replied. "And by the way, I don't really like pancakes anyways."

The two stood in the messy kitchen, Cameron disheveled as ever and Luna as cute as could be. Both happy to be thrown together in a whirl of fate.

Cameron, determined to elate her low spirits. Luna, thankful for the chance at a new beginning.