"Nothing, stay mad."

"And I will." Honey rolled over and pulled the covers over her head. Syd waited a few minutes before she slipped her shorts off and slid into bed next to her.

"Come here." She pulled Honey back, Honey rolled her eyes. "I'm good."

"Mm." Syd slipped in between her legs and kissed her softly. "I love you."

"Get off of me."

"Mad ass."

"Whatever."

Syd climbed back into her previous spot before turning the TV on. She put it on a random movie before laying back, fixing the bonnet on her head.

A few minutes later, Honey turned and snuggled into her, she kissed Syd's neck before resting her face there. "I love you." She mumbled to Syd.

"I love you more, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

~
a few weeks later.
Jan 28

"You got mail!" Nico stated, dropping the stack on the table, flopping down beside Honey. "You so irritating." She chuckled, he touched her stomach.

"Y'all so goals, im mad."

"Why?"

"Ya friend won't let me get her pregnant." He said, Honey shook her head. "Boy you're special." She said, flipping through the mail, furrowing her eyebrows at a specific one from Alabama.

She ripped it open, a letter fell out along with a ring and a few pictures. "Ohhhh, you got a nigga in jail. I knew you wasn't all the way solid, wait til I tell Sin. We gone get his ass—."

"—shut up!" She smacked his chest, he frowned. "This is my dad, you fucking fool!" She told him, he oh'd.

"He big as fuck."

Honey ignored him while unfolding the letter.

To my dear Aluna

There's not much to say... but after 2 decades, 5 years, 6 months, & 3 weeks. I'll finally be coming home to you, Malkia Wangu. And when I finally do, I'll fix everything. Nakupenda mpenzi, tuonane baada ya wiki chache.

love, Dad :)

Honey's heart froze as she stared down at the paper, Nico watching in confusion as he peakedover. "Damn, he did 20 years?"

"Yeah.." she mumbled.

"That's ya' whole life, you ever meet him?"

"I don't remember it." She replied, her head snapped up as Syd came in chuckling, Tray and Damien behind her. "Yo I'm glad you here, I'm bout to kick ya'..."

"Yeah lil nigga, watch ya' mouth." Damien stated. "What language is that?"

"Swahili."