𝐎𝐍𝐄, the shibuya incident

I'M SO SORRY! I wanted to post this chapter a lot earlier, but Wattpad was bullying me by replacing random letters in my fics with question marks (I was also distracted with Baldur's Gate 3 LOL)! I tried to fix it, but it just added more question ...

I'M SO SORRY! I wanted to post this chapter a lot earlier, but Wattpad was bullying me by replacing random letters in my fics with question marks (I was also distracted with Baldur's Gate 3 LOL)! I tried to fix it, but it just added more question marks, so I tried to wait it out, but I didn't think it'd take so long so I decided to just post anyway cuz I've kept you guys waiting for SO long.

If the question marks show up in this chapter and make certain parts of it unreadable, then please read it in Quotev or Ao3! The links to my accounts are on my bio!

Also I noticed some ppl on Wattpad got confused when Ryujin was put in chapter zero and didn't know who he was... he's Shisui's brother (you guys at least know who Shisui is right? Right...??? 🥺) and he was introduced in the flashback arc I made.

OCTOBER 31, 2018.

8:20 PM. Meiji Jingu Stadium
Shinjuku, Tokyo

MIZUHIME WANTED TO GET ATTACKED, only because she was hoping the curses would get rid of Naoya for her.

They were instructed to stay outside of the entrance of Meiji Jingu Stadium, but after five minutes of waiting, Naoya was already complaining about standing around and decided that he wanted to wait inside the comfort of the building instead.

"It's chilly outside!" Was what he had said.

Not that she would get it. After years of swimming in the frigid waters of the sea, cold temperatures didn't really affect her much.

She sighed, bored out of her mind as she leaned against a wall. There were regular civilians all around her, laughing and smiling to themselves as they talked about the latest game or whatever. So far, no cursed spirits had come by, but she wouldn't be surprised if some had completely passed by them since they were inside the building instead of outside like they were supposed to be.

"You sure you don't want one? I can go back and buy you a drink if you'd like," Naoya offered generously. He was standing beside her with a Starbucks drink in hand. Knowing him, he probably gave the barista a long list of instructions to follow just to be an asshole.

"No thanks," she replied.

He shrugged and muttered a "suit yourself" before taking another sip of his frappuccino.

If he was so cold, then why buy a cold drink? She wondered to herself, before pushing the thought to the back of her head.

Once again, she directed her stare out the glass wall. It gave her a view of the streets outside and so far, nothing was amiss.

Well, until she saw an inky black dome appearing at the distance. She pushed herself off the wall, high on alert.

"Zenin-san," she called out to him. "Someone just put down a curtain."