Chapter 4 - The Trailer

Start from the beginning

"It can't be that." He mumbled to himself.

      She looked up at him. "Can't be what?"

     The male demon wiped the dust from the boards off of his arms and turned to face the girl, leaning back against a table. "The demon I mentioned. The King?"

      (Y/N) nodded, allowing him to continue.

"He had a way of controlling others' blood and his own blood. Used it to create these giant blood clots that he inserted into demons that could kill them instantly if he wanted. That's how he grew his army."

     From what he knows, most of the demons under his control were happy to be free. There were those who had complete loyalty to the King even after his death but most took their chance and booked it.

      Yama seemed reminiscent now, his eyes falling to the floor. "Apparently his blood could also turn a human."

      Is that what happened to her? Was it his blood in her body? "I-I thought you said he was dead!"

"He is." He stated. "Watched him go down myself."

"Then how am I able to do what he did?!" He could hear the panic set in again. He got up and went over to her. She looked at her arms like they didn't belong to her. Did he have blood covered arms like her? Did he have her milky eyes? Did he suffocate demons with their own blood like she just did?

      When Yama went to carefully touch her arms she flinched away. He backed up a bit with his hands up to get her to relax. "We can think more about this later once you calm down. You won't be able to think straight like this."

      They watched each other for a few seconds before (Y/N) tried to relax. She's been on the run from the Elitists for days now. He wasn't sure what they did to her or if his hypothesis was even correct. And if it was then this meant trouble. But now wasn't the time to go over anything now that he knows they were being followed. The more they stood around the more those Elitists could be nearby and get the jump on them again.

     Once again, this was supposed to be a simple trip.

     The male demon paced away from the girl with his hands on his hips. He can always just drop her then he won't have to deal with whatever was going on. But there were starting to be way more questions created that unnerved him. And she was the answer to most of them.

"Look, I'm-" He hesitated which she caught. "I'm traveling to go see someone. It's my only focus right now and I plan to keep it that way."

      She didn't say anything.

"Seems like circumstances changed a bit when you showed up." He grumbled.

"You don't want me to come with you..?" She can't blame him. He doesn't have any part in her situation. After what he's seen, why get involved? "I'll leav-"

"I didn't say that." He cut her off. 

"I could just leave you here but then I'll be stuck with questions and not answers for the rest of my life. I hate that feeling." He grumbled again. "You can come with me."

      For the first time ever he's seen her light up with relief.

"But," He started which brought that worried look back. Is she always this expressive? "Anything you remember you have to tell me. No matter how painful it is."

"A-Anything?" She mumbled. Even the memories she wants to forget?

       He nodded. "Could help me solve whatever the hell is going on."