He widely smiles saying "I'd like to see you try."

Okay, that's it. Plan B it is.

His eyes widen a fraction as I went all in with a fierce right hook but he dodges my attacks with fluid ease as if he is dancing with me and he has the audacity to laugh infuriating me further.

"You've got spunk; I'll give you that, Arabella." My name smoothly rolls out his tongue.

What!? How the actual fuck does he know my name?

"Who are you and how the hell do you know who I am?" I'm not trying to be rude or anything but it's only logical to ask right?

"The name's Caden. And I'd know you anywhere. You are my mate after all." His strange words hit me harder than the lightning cracking overhead.

"You...your mate? What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you are mine and vice versa." I can only scoff at his response.

"Uh... Does that line usually work for you? Coz it sure as hell doesn't work on me."

He lets out a bark of laughter, maintaining his cocky composure.

"You'd be surprised how many women would love to be called my mate. But that honor lies solely with you, Arabella. You are my mate and you are coming with me. Right now". He orders.

"Oh, happy birthday, by the way."

I've had enough of this bullshit. I decide to bolt for the door instead because I know even with my martial skills I can't beat this guy and I can no longer associate with the crap he's talking about. But before I could reach the door, two more enormous men stand in my way. 

That's when I start to panic.

"So. This is her. " One of the two buffy men in a brown leather jacket confirms.

"This bitch doesn't look like much, does she, Beau?" The other counters.

Uh, did he just call me a bitch!? I am not taking this shit right now. Before I could come up to my own defense, the tanned man named Beau beat me to it.

"Remember our orders, Erik. You can't hurt her."

"Me. Hurt her? If anything we should be afraid of her..." The other guy who is Erik speaks only for Caden to jump in.

"She's no threat to you. Just hurry up and take her." He orders.

Soon after, a chorus of haunting howls drift in through the smashed entryway and Caden's eyes darken.

"We don't have much time."

This is ridiculous. They're actually trying to kidnap me.

Oh my God!

They are kidnaping me.

Jesus, when I said today would change my life, I didn't mean this path of life.

I take a step back as they surround me. Automatically, my hands curl into fists as I prepare myself for the worse to come because these men are fucking with the wrong girl. But taking a good look at the men and the dangers about to happen, I know my martial skills are of no good considering how Caden thought I was a fuzzy little cat so I come up with the second best idea. I channel my inner actress inside and put on a fake wobble in my voice and pretend to shake.

"Wait, please, I didn't do anything! I'll give you anything, please just let me go."

"You're a coward aren't you, little one?" Erik chides before he gives me a kick and I stumble forward, putting myself closer to the doorway.