So yeah, I picked a fight with Declan Love. But I was good enough to ensure that he wouldn't find out it was me. Just someone from my brother's business. Therefore, he'd go after my brother.

"So you're the pretty thing who killed one of my men." I look up from the ground to see a tall, brunette man in a suit, leaning against my car. His arms were crossed and his ankles the same. He had a smirk on his face that looked as though he'd been waiting to say that for a long time.

I'd heard stories of Declan Love for years, but never seen him. I didn't expect him to be attractive, that's for sure.

"Excuse me?" I said. He can't be serious. No way he knows it was me. He's trying to screw with me.

He chuckles. "Don't think I don't know, Angel." His accent pipes in heavily with his words. He tosses the ring in the air and catches it. Then holds it out to me. "Valerie Arrow. The one and only." He smirked that god awful smirk. I wanted to shoot it off his face.

I take the ring and examine it. The one I prestigiously left at the scene. It had my family crest on it. The ring every single one of Nolan's men have to wear. It was a way of marking his territory. It was my ring. "This isn't mine." I said, tossing it back to Declan. "You've got the wrong person."

He hums in response. I walk around him towards the driver's seat, ignoring his presence. He catches me, though. A hand on my waist, he pulls me to him. "You shouldn't lie to me, baby. It's not a good look for you." He whispers.

Butterflies fill my stomach and I grab my gun from my waistband and aim it at his foot. I pull the trigger right as he pushes my hand away, my bullet shooting at the sky. "Don't test me, love. Or I'll give you a reason to shoot." He says in my ear.

He's good. Better than I thought. "What do you want with me?" I snap in his direction.

"More than you'll ever understand." He responds in a tone that leaves me speechless. "You know what I think?" I don't respond. He's gonna tell me anyway. "I think you're not particularly the biggest fan of Mr. Arrow. So you pick a fight with someone you know will obliterate him."

"That's not true." I say, through gritted teeth. This man is lucky I'm not killing him right now.

"Oh but it is, darling." He coos. "And as flattered as I am that you think this way of me, I'm afraid I can't kill your brother."

"So you're gonna kill me?" I snap back at him.

"Not unless you want me too." He flirts. I hate it. I hate him and his stupid smirk. I want to put a bullet in his head every time he does it.

I don't respond. I have no proper words for the moment. My anger is filling too much of me. I'm fighting the urge to kill him right now but that will put too much on my brother and I'm not that evil.

"You're lucky I'm not killing you right now." I snapped at him.

"It would be an honor to be slaughtered by you, my darling." he tells me, and for the first time drops his god awful smirk.

my phone rings. I step away from Declan.

"Hello?" I say, the device in my ear.

"Who are you with?" Nolan says. I turn around and look up. He's standing in the window of his office with his phone to his ear. Of course.

"Why does it matter?" I ask, side-stepping Declan and walking to the driver's side.

Declan eyes Nolan from the window, then gets in my car. I don't stop him. The danger, the adrenaline, the butterflies. It's exciting. Even though it will probably get me killed if I'm not smart enough.