„Wells, what's your position?" Ghost called through the comms, her heartbeat quickening not only because of the adrenaline, now.

This was her cue.

With a quick and long stride, she jumped the Shadow from behind and slammed the piece of glass shard into the side of his neck, her other hand quickly muffling his cries. Her rage took control of her actions as her hand pierced through his neck another three times, his knees buckling under her sudden and brutal attack. Her injured leg was not capable of supporting both of their weight, so she dropped his body on the dirty floor, dark red blood oozing out from his neck like a fountain.

His hand desperately tried to cover the wound on the side of his neck, his panicked eyes looking straight at Rora as she towered over him, blood dripping from the edge of the glass in her hand. Her face was emotionless, blood splattered across her face, his blood, to be exact. It only took a few more seconds till he bled out and his eyes lost their shine.

She didn't feel any remorse as she reached down to take away his combat knife and two of his throwing knives. And even though his rifle look really good in the moonlight, she just couldn't risk getting compromised because of her hot temper. She knew that she would shoot at any Shadow that happened to come into her view.

„Rora?"

„Sorry, Lt.," she pressed down on her radio, her eyes still lingering on the Shadow in front of her. „Got a little busy down here."

„Are you okay?" Soap's voice rang through her earpiece, the sudden silence falling around her like a ghost. She looked around the room before her eyes wandered back to the body, but only an empty pang greeted her back.

„Just killed a Shadow," she reported, stepping over his legs. Poor bastard had no chance, but at least he went out quickly. „Took his knives."

„Good work, Wells."

„Wow," her eyes widened in surprise, barely believing her ears. „This was the first time you have ever approved of my work. War really does changes you, Ghost."

„You didn't do anything approve-worthy," was his reply, earning a small chuckle from Soap. Since they were out here, this was the only sound that didn't give away his panicked state, and deep down, Rora was proud of herself for making him feel better.

„Fuck you," Rora quipped, rolling her eyes at him. That was just a blatant lie, some of her works were truly good, he just didn't want to admit it. Or that was what she told herself to make herself feel better.

„Where are your manners, Sergeant?" Ghost's voice wrapped around her like a thick blanket, his accent brushing her ears like the sweetest melody. Maybe it was the risk of dying at any corner or the fact that she didn't get to talk to a male like this in a long time, but either way, she found his voice more attractive than she should.

„Fuck you, sir," she taunted, a smile pulling at her lips.

She emerged from the little shop, leaving the dead Shadow behind. She pulled him in a dark corner, they would never find him if they weren't looking for him specifically.

„Much better."

„Do you want me to leave, or what?" Soap interrupted, a light blush appearing on her cheeks.

„Found a prying tool yet, Johnny?" Ghost asked, and this time his tone wasn't as soft as earlier. Soap's moment of silence was all the answer he needed. „Then get working."

„Yeah, Johnny, get a grip, man," Rora joined in, pushing his buttons a little more.

„Only Ghost can get away with that name," came his answer instantly, earning another eye-roll from her. „Get creative, Wellsy."