Ch-2 The Change of the Past

He then closed his optics as they offlined, focusing on his spark, its beating, trying to become one with Optimus', as it used to be in the past. Before anything happened and everything was normal. How it should have been.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Hall of Records, an archivist was working tirelessly and looked engrossed in the datapads as a silver mech approached him and slammed his servos on the desk. Orion jolted upright and looked at the towering mech in front of him as Orion stepped back a little. The mech spoke up, probably annoyed, "Those security guards are not letting me take this datapad! They keep saying I have to register under myself and I already did it with the last clerk!"  Orion came back to reality from the mech's stare and asked slowly, "Can you tell me your name sir? Let me check if there was an error of some kind." The mech grumbled something to himself and then said, "Megatronus."

A small mech among the surge of the crowd in Kaon made his way to meet his newly made friend, and even his first one. He nervously stares at the area to remember where he was supposed to go. "You lost your way didn't you?"someone chuckled from behind making Orion squeak and jump turning around. Orion then sighed with relief and smiled happily with innocence almost absent in the area he was standing.

Orion looked uncertainly at the gladiator who was making his way to the arena and asked him to stop. "Um Megatronus?" The mech turned and looked at him questioningly."Can you...can you promise me something?" Orion looked at him with wide, worried optics. Megatron neared the smaller mech and cupped his helm in his servos, "Anything for you." This made the smaller mech blush profusely as the other grinned at him. "Just promise you will always come back to me after every fight 'kay?" At this, Megatronus brought Orion's helm dangerously close to his and said softly, "Promise."

"You know Orion, after meeting you, my whole life took a wild turn with unexpected things in it, just like you." said Megatronus as he caressed Orion's helm with his servo with a gentleness he didn't even know existed in him. At a point he believed his only goal was to survive the pits and emerge victorious for himself, but it had changed. Now, he wanted to emerge victorious every time for him. For Orion. To see him again.

"So what you mean is that Soundwave has a lot of proof of the corruption occurring in Cybertron? Why not present it to the High Council?" Orion asked as Megatronus and Soundwave discussed their plans for the upcoming revolt. "We first need the mechs at our side and tell them about what is actually happening." answered Megatronus.

"I really hope this meeting with the High Council goes well. It could decide the fate of this revolution we have raised." Orion looked at the now-named Megatron by the mechs that follow his ideals and are supporting him. "I do too." Megatron replied with a stern look as he was both anxious and nervous about the outcome.

"I, Megatron, a representative of my followers and from Kaon would like to present my thought's before all of you."

"We are sorry to say this Megatron, but that alone cannot be the only solution."

"Wait, kindly listen to me! Um, I am sorry, I should first introduce myself. I am Orion Pax, an archivist of Iacon database."

"Primus, answer me, is there no solution for all that is happening?"

"You are worthy of being the last Prime."

"You took away the only thing I ever wanted! To be a Prime!"

"This war shall continue till the time our objective is achieved."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Megatron tried focusing with everything he had on his spark. He had almost no flicker of hope inside him that this would work. Any of this would work. Suddenly a flash from his files he had tried so hard to forget, flashed in front of him - Orion smiling and bidding him to the Arena with good luck. Megatron started trembling again, this time being by the flood of old memory files he tried so har not to remember.

Megatron again glanced at Optimus who was now whimpering in pain but still kept a composure as if everything was alright with him. Megatron thought again. It should work. It would work. No, it must work. Afterall, they were sparkmates before, bonded to each other. They only broke the bond after Orion became Optimus Prime with no sign of it ever being before. Megatron radiated energy from his spark to Optimus asking for permission.

Optimus looked up at Megatron with a blank look but clearly visible that it was full of questions. Megatron growled loudly and said, closing his optics, "Its our only way out Prime. I can lend you my energy that way which would in turn be transferred through the Matrix of Leadership as I cannot use myself otherwise to put Unicron's spark back into statis." Optimus did not say anything but only nodded and closed his optics, granting permission to Megatron and Megatron couldn't help but feel the same he felt after Orion became Optimus; utter loneliness, as if it didn't anything.

Megatron then proceeded to radiate his spark's energy to Optimus as per the plan but it was as if Unicron's spark was getting more wild the more it absorbed. Optimus and Megatron both felt overwhelmed by the sudden surge in absorption as the spark went dark after shaking violently. Both of them looked at each other and then fell down with a thud as they both glowed with a dazzling blue light, the colour of energon.

Bumblebee, Bulkhead and Arcee had finally managed to make their way when they realized that all the attackers had halted and knew that the spark was put back to statis. They hastily made their way, worried for Optimus being with Megatron, but when they got there, saying that they were shocked is an understatement. They couldn't believe their optics but Arcee raised her servo to the comm, contacting Ratchet, "R-Ratchet, can you open a ground bridge here right now? I believe it would work and we have got quiet an amusing situation I believe you could probably answer about."