Red and Black |chapter 26|

Start from the beginning

"Could you draw a Walkman with headphones? And under it put the quote, 'Be carful what you do. And don't go around breaking young girls' hearts'? It's from my favorite song."

"All black?" Jackylen nodded. "Okay. Lay back and relax. You will feel some discomfort so if it's getting too much just tell us."

As she laid back, she didn't worry about too much pain

As she laid back, she didn't worry about too much pain. She already experienced pain. A needle repeatedly stabbing into her skin was nothing. An hour and thirty four minutes.

That's how long it took for Lucas to go shopping for snacks for their annual Christmas campaign and for Jackylen to get both of her tattoos done. Even though the Walkman tattoo didn't take as long as the other one. Once Lucas was done shopping, he went onto the tattoo shop right as Jackylen was about to pay.

"You can't be in here kid," the purple haired lady said. "Not unless you're with someone."

"Don't worry," Jackylen quickly interrupted, putting an arm around the boy. "He is with me." As Jackylen handed her the cash, the girl seemed pleased.

"Now for the first forty eight hours you can't get them wet. When the time is up you first gently expose them to water and then you'll be good to go." Jackylen and Lucas said they're goodbyes and headed back to the car.

"Jackylen, isn't your dad going to freak out of he sees you have a tattoo? Two none the less."

"What are? My mother?" Jackylen scoffed, getting in the car. "I'll just hide it. No big deal."

"Okay. Don't tell me I didn't warn you."

"Lucas," Jackylen began, driving back to the young boys house. "You have a decent life. You have good friends and your parents worry about to the extent you need a babysitter. Do it take that for granted. Some kids wish they had that kind of life."

"But I get bullied at school all the time. How would want that?"

"Everything isn't so black and white. And they're is no life without pain. Yes when you grow up the pain will always be there but as we grow it doesn't take us over that much anymore."

"It sounds like your talking from experience," he scoffed, looking out at the road passing by.

"Lucas are you even fucking listening?" Jackylen asked, now getting a bit outraged into the young middle schoolers listening skills.

"It's like... D and D. If you use your characters uses they're power they're is always a consequence. It isn't as straight forward as some may think."

"How you know about that?" Lucas asked, referring to the D&D reference.

"I used to play in another life time," she said, playing it off. "It's no big deal."

"To shit 'it's no big deal'!" Lucas said, now starting to shout.

"Damn it," she said, under her breath. "Drop it Lucas. It's not like I went to fucking war or anything. Change the subject or I'm telling your mother you went into the woods with Mike yesterday."

"Okay fine!" He said, getting quiet. "How is Will?"

"Jonathan called yesterday and said he going to be off bed rest by the end of the week."

"So he can come to our campaign Sunday?"

"Hold your horses. They said everything will go back to normal before Christmas."

"Nooooo," he ground, leaning back.

"You asked!"

"I wasn't expecting it to be depressing!"

"Lucas!"