Chapter 21: Hiigaran Assault

Start from the beginning

Jerome: If only we had a way too...hang on a minute. If they were jamming everything, our ships in orbit wouldn't have been able to communicate and I- John, Stella, what are the chances of hooking a pilot comm into that antenna?

He asked, looking down at R4 as the droid whistled and turned around, rushing out of the tent as the two Terrans looked to the Jedi commander.

Stella: It's possible, but how does that help us exactly?

Jerome: The clankers are jamming specifically ground comms, everything that runs off Terran networks, but pilot comms run on a different network, they have different wavelengths. As far as they know, all reinforcements are up in orbit—no need to change their jamming on the ground since orbital forces could still contact one another.

He said with a grin crossing his lips. John chuckles as he gets up and gestures to a few men working at terminals.

John: Techies! Get this kid what he needs!

Terran techs: Yes, sir!

They yelled, swiftly getting to their feet as R4 rushed in with the flight helmet; the men quickly got to work. For half an hour, with R4's help and more than a necessary amount of duct tape and loose wire, they managed to splice the internal helmet comms into their transmitter, it was an ugly job, but a functional one.

Terran techie: It's connected, sir.

Jerome: Good, now let's hope I'm not talking out of my ass.

He muttered, flicking on the helm's comm before shifting himself between the two techs.

Jerome: Commander Cooper to Republic fleet forces, do you copy? Captain Gallen, do you copy? Does anyone read me?

Jerome called into the mic, static crackling on the other side for several moments after. Tightening his fists, Jerome pressed down on the comm again.

Jerome: Command, do you read me? This is Commander Cooper. Do you read? Someone, anyone, please...respond?

He asked, a plea bubbling up in the back of his throat, static once again coming through the other end. With a sigh, Jerome pulled back, his gaze landing on Stella and John for a second before snapping back to the console as a voice crackled through the static.

Gallen: Cooper? Cooper! Cooper, do you read us?

Jerome: Captain! Yes, we hear you! Can you clear up the channel?

Terran Techie: We'll try, sir.

He said, the two men quickly typing away. Sharing a glance between them, the Major smirked, watching the young man as pure joy spread across his face.

Stella: Huh, it worked.

John: Yeah, but we only have a short time till they detect it. Captain, what's the status of orbital forces?

The man asked, walking up beside Jerome, muffled sounds of the space battle echoing into the comm as Gallen replied.

Gallen: Lines have reformed, and currently, it's pitched. We're driving them away from the Senatorial manor, and we have reason to believe-

Jerome: We know Zar's the one leading the ground forces. Sir, we can only break through their lines with aid. Before you ask, I'm green, and Midnight's out cold but stable. Can you help us?

He asked, cringing at an explosion rumbling through the transmission before the captain spoke once more.

Gallen: I'll direct the Commonwealth over to you; her compliments been itching to go. If we lose comms, how do we know when to proceed?