.:2:.

"We aren't as busy today so why don't you go and practice icing" Keith told Mia

  Chuckling as she let out a delighted squeal and rushed to the back.

  "Your hobo's back" His sister called as he rolled his eyes.

  "He's not my hobo" He stated

  Heading to the back he grabbed a few of the new scone recipes and some sweet tea and made his way outside, he paused to study the man. Keith had yet to hear him talk, his beard had grown a bit since their last encounter, his hair greasier, clothes caked with dirt.

  "I made a new scone recipe, you get to be the taste tester, I think it will go good with the sweet tea" Keith announced handing him the small red bad and drink.

  He watched in anticipation as he sniffed the scone before taking a large bite, then another and before they knew it that were all gone and he was sipping on his tea, giving a nod of thanks before wandering off.

  "He seemed to like it, I still don't like you giving away free food" Monica grumbled as he made his way inside

  "Your just mad I didn't give you the scones first" Keith snickered as she gave a huff and wandered back to her office with a pout

  Shaking his head he helped the few customers with smiles and thanks before making his way to the back.

  "Those are good, your getting better at the panda cookies" He praised Mia as she grinned back

  "I think it helps they are so cute, do you think we could make other animal cookies? They would be popular with the kids and high school kids" She asked going back to icing

  "We can do cats, dogs, hmm elephants, rhino would be cute too" Keith mused

  "Super cute!" Mia grinned

  Keith laughed as she messed up at her outburst and shoved the cookie in her mouth before starting on a new one.

  "Now I see why there's never any messed up one" Keith mused in amusement

  Her sheepish smile was all he gained as a response before he went back to making the dough for the cookies and and cutting out the shapes of the different animals with care.

  The day went by smoothly, Mia going home after helping the last of the customers, Monica following afterwards with a yawn after filing the paperwork. Keith continued to bake, enjoying the smells and taste as he experimented with flavors and designs. Yawning he popped a cookie in his mouth and dumped a few in another red bag before storing the rest and locking up the place. Rubbing his eye he took the clips out of his hair and let his bangs fall down as he made his way home. Slowly his steps stilled before he paused, the street lamp flickered as he squinted, slowly he made his way across the street before stopping at the rickety bench.