"I don't know how you ended up in Newt's hammock, but we will give you a room in the Homestead with the other Keepers." The girl felt a strong hand wrap around her forearm. A small groan left her lips as Alby attempted to haul her up, her feet slugged themselves lazily beneath herself, bearing her weight appallingly.

      She smiled weakly, thinking back briefly to the night before. The British Glader had warned her, along with the sober Alby, to stop drinking, but she distinctly remembered Newt himself couldn't walk in a straight line any better than she could.

      Cringing, she ran her fingers down her hair, dispersing the nasty tangles. "That's nice." She hummed absently, looking around the Glade. Alby looked at her, a jaded and serious look in his eyes. 

      The Glade was deserted. Alby and the girl made their way to the makeshift kitchen. The kitchen was small but had everything one needed to make a hearty meal. A big oven, a microwave, a dishwasher, a couple of tables. It seemed old and run-down but clean. Seeing the appliances and the familiar layout made the girl feel as if memories—real, solid memories—were right on the edge of her mind. But again, the essential parts were missing—names, faces, places, events. It was maddening. They arrive and find a table near the back, missing the first wave of Gladers bound for the food the cook had to offer. She assumed the entire Glade was there, but almost all were tired and silent.

      "Work starts a few hours late these days. The communal hangover the shuck-faces share is usually the reason." Alby sighs, waiting for the girl to sit, and walking off after mumbling a quick "be right back with some shucking food." The girl yawns, unaware of the side glances she receives from the other Gladers. Only foggy memories of the night before come back, causing her to blush in embarrassment. Were they staring because of something she did and didn't remember?

      The old, wooden front door to the kitchen was haphazardly shoved open, and aggressively slammed shut. The loud noise pulled the girls attention and tweaks her headache. Newt walks into the kitchen, wincing at the sound he caused, his feet stumbling to keep his weight up, his eyes are hooded and clouded over with tiredness. He held a well-defined scowl on his face.

      " Well, you look like shit," The girl mumbled as he sits down. He looks up, raising an eyebrow.

      " Careful, you aren't much better." His heavily accented voice snaps back.

      " I mean, you probably aren't wrong." She sighed, rubbing at her temples, and she chuckled at herself. "But-"

      " Oh, please don't patronize me, Greenie." Newt snaps, running a hand down his face. The Brit cursed under his breath, his brows furrowed deeply, and forehead creased in displeasure. The girl forced a grin, and Newt just stared; a blank expression plastered across his face.

      "Well..." She began slowly, watching as his face started to relax, "...I hope the grass under your hammock blooms."

      The Glader opened his eyes slightly, his brown eyes glaring at the girl through tiny slits. When the realization hit him, he threw his head back and groaned, muttering something like 'you've got to be bloody kidding me'.  Sheepishly, the girl made a tired attempt of a smile and leaned back a bit, satisfied.

      A sudden body hauled onto the seat next to the girl, the boy resting his head on his bent elbow, his body leaned towards the girls. She blinked a few times, picking up her plastic chair with her hands and hopping towards Newt." Do you mind? "He looks up slightly, rolling his angular eyes.

      " Chill, Greenie." He replies harshly, letting his head fall back on his arms. Minho, she believed, was his name. One of the only sober moments she remembered. Letting out a shaking sigh, she propped and elbow on the table and let the empty hand hold her ever-aching head.

      A plate of food was suddenly thrown at the table in front of her, startling the sleepy girl a bit.

      "Eat." Alby ordered, peering over the table, his eyes darting from the girl, to Minho, to Newt," all of you." he finishes and throws a few more sandwiches on the girl's plate, before leaving.

      The girl pushes her food away with a disgusted groan. Her stomach protested any food, nothing could stop that, and hoped she wouldn't offend the leader.

      " Thanks, but" she laid both her elbow she in the table and laid her head in them, ", no thanks. I'm going back to sleep."

      Newt held back a laugh, but realized she was serious. "You're going to sleep...here?"

      "Mhm." She closed her eyes, already feeling herself fall out of consciousness.

____

A/N- day two lol

-c