"You don't think you MAY be stepping on Tyrese's toes a little?" I asked and Lynx seemed confused by my question. "I'm just saying, how would you feel if one of your 'bros' started fuckin with your brother-in-law? Don't you think that may put Tyrese in an awkward position with his wife and force him to keep shyt from her?" I asked.

"Whatever, Tyrese is over that bitch.... Look I know my boy, more importantly I know when a nigga has checked out and Ty.... well he's ready to move on, but you know him. He's slow and meticulous, he likes to take his time and plan everything out... but when he does strike... it's going to be bad for her." Lynx said and I shrugged. I had warned Tyrese about Chloe from the jump but when a dude starts thinking more with his dick and heart instead of his head, he typically ignores very obvious signs... but I stayed out of their personal lives and hopefully they offered me the same respect.

"Well, well, well.... isn't this a pleasant surprise." A voice said as we walked into the courtyard of the mansion, there were three men sitting around drinking but the one who spoke... of course, he would be here.

"What's up Spartan, I didn't know you would be here...." Lynx said completely oblivious to the obvious tension that was building between us.

"Yeah well, we're here for our mission briefing same as y'all.... General and Ronan will be here shortly, so make yourselves comfortable.... Dominique... I mean Doc, mind if I have a word in private?" Spartan asked and I nodded and followed him down the stairs. "How have you been?" He asked quietly.

"Chillin..." I said flatly. I already knew where this conversation was likely to go and I really didn't want to give him anything to latch onto.

"That's it... just 'chillin' come on Dominique, I know you better than that.... There was a time when we were best friends... hell I would go as far as to say we were more than that." Spartan said and I just continued to walk beside him without saying a word. "Nigga, you at least owe me an explanation as to why you just ended things without so much as a fuckin word! I really thought we were better than that and yet you just....."

"What do you want me to say, you were catching feelings and I felt that in order to preserve our friendship it was best for me to step away." I said shrugging.

"Hard not to catch feelings when you got a nigga fuckin me the way you did... Hard not to catch feelings when you got a nigga telling you that he loves you...." Spartan said.

"I did... do love you Sante.... but as a friend and well.... things for me are different now and I didn't want our personal lives to bleed into our professional life... I made a call and I just...." I said unable to meet his eyes. "I didn't mean to hurt you....." I said and I truly meant that, I did have love for him but I was IN love with Monroe.

"I'm a professional, I know how to separate the two... I just thought my FRIEND would've had the balls to tell me that shyt sooner." Spartan said and I could see that he was really pissed over our 'break-up' even though we were never technically together.

"We should probably get back....." I said awkwardly and Spartan just shook his head and started heading back to the others. "You good? You look like you're about to kill some with your bare hands?" I asked Tyrese who was standing in the corner fuming.

"Yeah, just some shyt I have to deal with when I get home...." Tyrese said, without saying her name I knew he was referring to his wife. "Who are those two?" He asked pointing to two men in the corner, I didn't know either of them so I shrugged. "The dark-skinned one is sexy as fuck...." Tyrese asked and I was a little surprised that he was saying that openly.... but then again Lynx did say that he was checked out so there's that....

"Dibs...." Bless said popping up out of nowhere. "What? You know I got a type and he's definitely it..... His name is Chris and he's here from Columbus I feel like I got a shot... asked him if he was trying to hit the club when we finished here and surprisingly he agreed... he doesn't seem like the party type, then again I have a way with words and I'm hard to resist." Bless said confidently.