One

"If we miss this meeting the boss is gonna bury us alive."

"You're kidding, right?" Seven rushed Noriko out of the main office, a clock ticking at least ten minutes past the time they were supposed to have arrived. "She'll do a lot worse than that."

"The one day," Noriko started, making a throttling motion with her hands like she'd strangle the girl if there weren't security cameras stationed at every corner. "The one day I told you not to be late and here you are dragging us both behind."

"It wasn't up to me," Seven argued. "Takashi let me leave just as soon as he wouldn't get in trouble for making me stay any longer." She raised a bandaged hand, the little bit of tan skin peeking out bruised to the bone. Takashi always made a note of pushing her past her physical limits. Most of the trainers public safety appointed were like that. "I didn't ask you to wait for me, anyway."

"Whatever." Noriko's expression contorted into something vile. Ironic, considering how her warm, caramel eyes and strawberry, iron-curled hair gave her a much, much more innocent appearance. The perfect double agent, Seven thought. "That asshole's always messin' with you," Noriko continued. "I should make him spill his deepest, darkest secrets. I'll embarrass him so bad he'll regret ever crawling out of the flaming garbage bin he came from."

Seven should've known by now that nothing paired with one of Noriko's signature smiles was bound to be any good.

"Don't even think about it, Noriko. You're not allowed to use your quirk outside of work."

Riko shrugged, an undisturbed air about her. She'd always been that way– no one could ever turn the girl down. Maybe that was just a part of her charm, and why she was so incredibly good at her job.

"What they don't know won't hurt 'em."

"If the president finds out it'll hurt you."

"C'mon, let's just have a little fun for once, Seven." Riko tilted her head. "We're always stuck here picking up the trash. Using our Quirks is the least they can let us do."

"Seriously, please don't." Seven caught a glimpse of her unruly white hair in a window, struggling to put it up into a ponytail. The already ultra-thick band exceeded its limit before she gave up with a snap. "They don't care who you are when they're... punishing you for breaking the rules."

Riko came to a stop, her smile falling. Her companion's worrisome figure lingered behind, waiting for her to continue walking. Seven might not have been the best conversationalist, but she did care.

"... I was only joking." Riko said, but they both knew she wasn't. If anyone was the voice of reason though, it had to be Seven.
Riko fixed the younger girl's hair, smoothing out those persistent white curls. "You're way too serious, y'know."

"Why do you think I'm not dead yet?"

"You just never take risks, that's why." Noriko hooked an arm around Seven's neck, yanking her close. "What's life without any risks?"

"Not being in a casket at sixteen?"

"No fun."

The image of herself nailed into a coffin was a regular occurrence already. Just perks of the job, Riko guessed.
But for Seven? That number went up drastically. Everyone at the commission seemed to forget that she was still a kid, and that was only one of the consequences.

"I'd rather forgo the fun if it means staying alive."

"And that's exactly why you have zero friends."

"Except me, of course!" Red feathers and golden hair materialized out of thin air, making Riko yelp as she leapt to safety. Which may or may not have been behind the sixteen-year-old. One could've imagined that she'd be a bit more brave at twenty-four.