"Are you sure, Sanders? Alpha gave strict instruction..." The doctor holds up his hand waving the man off.

"Alpha knows."

Jamal takes his leave giving me a goodbye smile. He takes his time walking into the forest lines, moments later a howl breaking through the dense trees. My body shakes, a terror I hadn't felt before entering my blood stream. Sanders coughs bringing my attention back to him, "Ignore him, his perimeter shift starts soon, and he wanted to get a run in before."

"Like a wolf?" I walk to his door hoping that his brick walls could protect me, Sanders nods.

"Yes, his wolf is rather excited to run in such a beautiful weather. Now, I want to say how happy I am that you agreed to see me."

"I was bored."

"Still, it's always a blessing to have the Luna in your presence." He laughs holding the door open. I walk in looking around to see the simple medical equipment with a desk tucked in the corner. Only a couple medical beds line the walls one wall of herbs standing out.

I pull the sunnies off flipping the down to hold in my shirt. He guides me to a bed letting me get comfortable while he rolls over on a chair settling himself in front of me, "The Alpha requested the first wolf you see is his, when you're ready, unless your safety is imperative."

"I don't know if I'll ever be." I mumble rolling my thumbs around each other.

"You'll get there, this pack cares for you more than you know. The Luna is such an important role that we couldn't hurt you if we wanted to, our wolves would stop us."

"That's hard to believe."

"Like I said, one day, Luna. The reason I requested you here is to run some blood work and a physical. Would you be comfortable with that?"

"Do I have a choice?"

Sanders gives me a closed lip smile, nodding, "You always have a choice in this office. If you're not, I'll escort you wherever on the estate you would like to go."

"Why do you need a physical? Blood work?"

"After dinner I realized that I need to get your health profile built sooner rather than later. There is a small chance your human allergies will carry over when you are shifted, and I want to prepare."

Shifted such a common term that bothers none of them to talk about, yet here I sit freaking out more than I could ever imagine, "I... I'm not ready for that."

"Then how about we just talk?"

"About what?"

"No wolves surround us, and the Alpha is currently in his office working on a business deal. He messaged me moments ago to confirm you've eaten something. He also mentioned a hangover, do you need any pain killers?"

My head reminds me of the pain, my tongue running over my teeth, "That would be... nice actually." 

Sanders leaves the chair grabbing something off the shelf. He shakes a couple tablets out and grabs a water bottle handing them over to me, "Until your settled, I'll be who you come to for any medication."

"You mean until I give up and just accept my fate?"

"You said it, not me." He laughs, taking the trash of the water bottle from me to toss it in the bin, "Do you have any questions for me that I can answer?"

"Does it hurt?" I cough my brain not believing that I am asking such a thing, "Shifting?"

"It does at first, but then, you're free." 

.

.

.

.