Chapter 121 - 125

Chapter 121 - Meeting Again

Shang Jiayu quipped: "Gu Jin, I want to hold your thighs tightly, please take care of me in the future . "

Shang Jiayu wasn't there that day when Shao Chong came, so she only heard the news once it came out on the headlines . When she asked her boyfriend about it, he said he knew . Although she asked him for more details, he didn't answer but only smiled mysteriously .

Gu Jin rolled her eyes and said: "Alright, but I'm afraid my thighs are too thick for you to hold on to . "

Shang Jiayu subconsciously glanced at her friend's attractive thin legs covered in jeans and commented: "I'm afraid I won't be able to latch on to you, in case I make the chasing Mu Mingcheng upset . "

When the pair arrived at the library, they felt the cool air conditioning and immersed in the quiet atmosphere of the library .

Gu Jin buried her head in her textbook to write and draw . Suddenly, from the corner of her eye, she spotted a familiar figure .

In the afternoon, the coffee shop had a few customers sitting around .

The sunlight filtered through the glass window, but was blocked by silken curtains, allowing a few rays of light in .

The shop was peaceful and leisurely as soothing music played .

Gu Jin looked down and stirred a cup of coffee with a wooden spoon . She gently took a sip, tasting bitterness with a hint of sour .

After only a sip, she lost interest and placed the cup back on the table . She rested her chin on her right hand and quietly watched the scenery outside the window .

She had the waiter bring her a cup of sweet coffee instead of this bitter one .

She held the cup of bitter cup and took a small sip from time to time .

Shortly after, Gu Jin no longer wanted to continue drinking it, when she suddenly heard a voice say: "Little Jin, long time no see . You've become more beautiful . "

"You too," Gu Jin sat up and stroked the porcelain cup with her fingers . "You've become more mature . " In the past, this girl would never compliment or flatter others .

Upon hearing that comment, Cheng Xin smiled and bowed her head .

There's a price to pay for such maturity .

Once again, the atmosphere fell silent .

Gu Jin was right . After not being in contact for more than a month, Cheng Xin could hardly recognize this woman who was once haggard and dim .

Haggard, not as in her physical state, but rather her mental state .

Gu Jin recalled her life with Cheng Xin when she first crossed over to this novel world . She knew that Cheng Xin was used to being treated like a princess while the former host Gu Jin was like a shy shadow, satisfying Cheng Xin's ego as a favored princess .

At that time, Cheng Xin was proud of her love and friendship with the former host . Her eyes were always filled with life . There wasn't any harm in befriending someone with an elegant temper like Gu Jin .

In retrospect, that was the best time for their relationship as sisters .

Circumstances change with the passage of time .

Today, Cheng Xin was still exquisite and beautiful, but the bright and lively shine in her eyes were no longer there . Only layers of lingering sorrow .

In the past, she never would've noticed Gu Jin's unwillingness to drink bitter coffee, let alone having someone change her coffee to a sweet one .

It seems that she's experienced many things and has matured a lot during this period .