You're So Cute - Sayori x Natsuki

-[A/N quick little Sayosuki story
⚠️TW ABUSE & DADDY ISSUES⚠️]-
Natsuki PoV
Waking up is always so hard. As soon as I wake up, I hide in the closet. Hiding from a drunken, abusive slob who is supposed to be my father. While I'm trying not to fall asleep, I hear footsteps.

"Naaatsuuuki. Come on out, I'm not gonna hurt you. What happened to me and you, eh? You've grown so cold..." I can practically smell the alcohol from in here. Chills are sent down my spine when I hear scratching on the wall, coming incredibly close to me.
What the fuck kinda-
"Come on, Natsuki, I'm your dear old dad. You've gotten so LOUD" He starts to scream curses and through things against the wall. I try not to scream or cry cause he'd find out where I am. I' scared. I don't want to be beaten again.
"You've GROWN awfully VIOLENT." The force behind those two words almost made me squeak, petrifying me to me core. Why, papa?
He starts banging on the wall and cussing me out. He's saying horrible things about the one person he was supposed to protect in this world. Well I stay quiet. I won't let him have any satisfaction of making me scared.
I hear his huffing and puffing, he must have tuckered his poor little man child ass out with all that ridiculously unnecessary noise. What a dick, to project all his problems onto a child is pathetic. His child. Suddenly my door bursts open and soon the closet door and he grabs me. I scream and scratch him anywhere I can. I haven't been able to trim my fingernails thanks to the jackass. I bite and scratch and kick to get him to stop trying to choke me or whatever.

I manage to throw a punch right in his stupid face that knocks him out. His limp body stumbles to the ground and he mumbles something. I don't give a damn and kick the back of his head hard as I walk out of the room, very proud of myself. But I still feel terrible, trapped, hopeless. I put aside those thoughts as I get ready for school.

Sayori PoV
I don't know what's worse, a full day of boring school day or painfully waiting for the Literature Club. Maybe having to go through both at the same time.

I sigh as boring thoughts eat away at my bored mind. I was sitting in class with my best friend, Monika, who is actually president of the club. She's one of those cool, popular but sweet and sincere girls who you're really good friends with even though you...
Don't think like that, Sayori.
"So, Monika, you like being a club president so far?" I inquire happily, cluelessly. If only I could see how stupid I look from the outside.
Monika looks at me thoughtfully, "It's really rewarding and fun! I'm so happy to spread literature and friendship around!"
"yeah..friendship.." I mumble this very quietly ", hoping she didn't hear.
She smirks knowingly, "How do you like being a Vice President? Any.." She suddenly gets in my face. "Cute girls you like?" I sigh. "For the last time, Monika: I do not like anyone in the club! We're all just friends." I assured her, but she didn't look convinced. "Mmhm. Sure, you really look at Natsuki with oh what was that? Oh yeah, friendship."

I stare at her, dumbfounded. "Oh, my god. You're unbelievable. You seriously-" I stop mid-sentence because, in the back of my head I knew she was right. And that look of all-knowing-
"Damn it, will you stop looking at me like that? I get it, I kinda like her.. but she would never like me! I'm a girl, and I'm clumsy and- a slob" Monika cuts me off with a hug.
"Sayori, you're none of those. Except for the first one, but maybe Natsuki swings that way?"
I sigh and deflate, knowing she probably doesn't. And who would like me?

Monika looks at me with sadness and I feel awful  for making her feel bad for me. I just, wish I didn't have to deal with this or- anything.
And I don't want to make her worry about me or anything.

-club time-

Natsuki PoV
I stare at the clock expectantly as the last bell rings. I gather all my things and practically sprinted out the classroom. "Hey! Don't run-! Ugh whatever."

I don't listen to the teacher, I'm too excited to go to the Literature and see her. Even though we aren't super close, I like writing poems kinda for her. But I'll die before admitting that. I speed up as I reach the club room door. My mouth curls up into a smile as I open it. I'm greeted with Yuri at a desk, sitting with a book and enjoying a cup of tea. Monika is at another writing stuff. MC is in the corner talking to... her. She's so pretty, the way her short hair is ruffled and slightly messy. Her red bow and ocean eyes that I could drown in.
Sayori is my crush, so what? She's so fun and goofy. I would just love to be her friend.

She notices me so I turn away, trying to act cool. She smiles brightly and welcomes me, "Heyyy Natsuki! It's nice to see you, excited for today?!" I can't help but smile, "You know it!" I really do feel very excited for this. I've had such a rough day and, even though I say this everyday, the club is just what I need to feel safe and secure. And when Sayori is here, it just makes it that much better.

She hugs me tightly and slowly return it, shocked that she's so touchy with me. Then again, she's very touchy. Monika looks over at us, smirks, and then winks. What?! What do you mean by that Monika? I mouth those words to her. Hoping for an answer, she nods at me. Feeling like this means something, I get butterflies in my stomach.
"I was hoping, that um, maybe you could read my poem first." I say firmly, but it sounds dumb and desperate. Sayori beams and agrees. She takes the paper and reads it. Her eyes are blank at first, paired with a smile it was a calming sight. As she read more and more, her eyes soften.
"...Natsuki, is this a sonnet?"
I feel myself tense up. The tone of her voice, was so quiet and soft, gentle and nonjudgmental.
"Yeah...so what if it is?" Sayori smiles. "And by the looks of it..it's about a person." She leans in a little, grinning proudly, like she knows it's about her. I look down, "It is...someone special." She smiles bigger, one last time, "Well, I think it's wonderful."

It was barely above a whisper followed by a soft, simple kiss. It was short, yet so perfect. .
I hug her slightly taller figure and smile.
"You're so cute." Sayori chuckles. I feel very proud of that, weirdly.
"Aww, you two are so cute!" I see Monika and Yuri looking at us. Monika smiles, "I had a feeling..." 
Wow, Monika and her great intuition, who knew. But, I was really thankful for her suggestion. I really wouldn't have done it otherwise. I sigh happily and I catch my breath, my mind kinda struggling to process what just happened. But, I think I can get used to it...