PRIVATE SECTION II, PAGE XIII: Myung Dahlia

༺♱༻

full name: myung dahlianicknames: dia (by close friends)dahli/dali (by close friends)lia/li (by close friends)lili (by close friends)dale (by close friends)dela (by close friends)didi (by close friends)doll/dollie (by extremely close friends)alias...

nicknames: dia (by close friends)
dahli/dali (by close friends)
lia/li (by close friends)
lili (by close friends)
dale (by close friends)
dela (by close friends)
didi (by close friends)
doll/dollie (by extremely close friends)
aliases: not applicable
gender: female
sexuality: heterosexual
age: twenty-two
birthdate: january 19th, 2000
zodiac: capricorn
languages spoken: korean
english
birthplace: nampo, north korea
place of residence: daegu, south korea (currently)
pets: not applicable

full name: myung dahlianicknames: dia (by close friends)dahli/dali (by close friends)lia/li (by close friends)lili (by close friends)dale (by close friends)dela (by close friends)didi (by close friends)doll/dollie (by extremely close friends)alias...

────── RELATIVES ──────

parents: ho ga-ram (mother, alive)
(relationship with ho ga-ram) dahlia loves her mother dearly, and fiercely in the sense she wants to no more harm to come to the woman that what hardship she has already had to face in life. before her father had passed, she of course looked up to the woman and admired her immensely, though she was also a tough pill to swallow. even before she hit high school she found as if her mother was kicking her down before she could even begin to try and reach for her dreams. she often had to go to her father seeking advice on the woman, on how to handle her or how to try and not take her words to heart. she knew she meant well, that she loved her just the same. once her father had passed, the once bright, stubborn, and lively woman had become very numb , and being a bit empty herself, dahlia had no idea what to do. taking care of her best that she could during that time, the two didn't talk very much until the day she was going to move out for the first time, and while the woman is better, she still doesn't speak much, and does rather enjoy her daughters company when she comes around, even if she doesn't speak or show it too much. essentially, the two are each others lifeline, regardless if they seem like it or not.
  myung him-chan (father, deceased)
(relationship with myung him-chan) dahlia's relationship with her father was quite plain and simple: dahlia was very much a daddy's girl, and he was her entire world. and of course, vice versa. don't get her wrong, she loved her mother very much, and still does, but her father was beyond explaining. she just loved him, more than anyone else. growing up with him had been more than a joy, but once he had gotten sick, even with both of her parents telling her he was just fine, she knew it was a lie even at a young age. she used to be so upset at him too for lying when it was clear he was in pain, which only furthered her own pain seeing it. she was beyond devastated when he passed, and honestly didn't know what to do with herself. he had passed just before she could barely enter her first year of high school, and while given the time off to grieve and make funeral arrangements and so on and so forth, the girl barely function in the time she was given. she grieved alone, and put on an act to try and take care of her grieving, more than grieving, mother. it was a tragedy, and one that dahlia almost didn't make it through. he is the one that inspired her love for films and the want to act. while her mother tried to make her be more realistic to a certain degree, he always told her to follow her dreams.
siblings: not applicable
family history: myung dahlia was born to ho ga-ram and myung him-chan in nampo north, korea. while she wasn't raised there all of her life, the little family did move to daegu when she was five. she was raised there from that age until she moved out when she was old enough, but even then she lingered behind. growing up, she was a rather happy and bright natured child. always trying to make friends and make others happy. when she was in primary school, her father had gotten terribly ill, though both her mother and father had tried to convince her he was just fine. that everything was just fine. it was around this time that her father had gotten her a cat, that she had emotionally gotten attached to just like she was to her father. she died just before she could barely enter high school, and it struck her in a way she wasn't sure anyone could explain. she appeared normal, or did her best to, and keep that same happy and bright energy she had carried with her so long, but purely because she knew her father loved that the most about her. her mother had been a different story. while always loving, the woman grew empty and void his last week of living, and ever since the woman rarely spoke. rarely functioned. dahlia would come each day to worry whether or not her mother had made it at least through the day, made it home. it had gotten to a point she stopped working, and dahlia applied for a job she could get regardless of her age to try to help keep them on their feet, and took care of her mother, who absolutely refused to take care of herself and without a peep. dahlia didn't blame her for it though. it took a great deal of convincing to leave home to go to incheon, but it was with the assurance of one of her mothers friends who had helped dahlia take care of her that she was safe to leave, pursue what she wanted. it took a tremendous toll on dahlia, made her feel so much guilt that living in incheon only lasted, well, not even a month. it was too overwhelming, and she was starting to miss the feeling of "home" she got from daegu. from where her father had once been. with her mother somewhat back to normal, the two don't see each other as much with how busy dahlia can be, but she always does her best to make time for her mother.