Bang Chan - Childhood Friends

Start from the beginning

While out playing on a ordinary day, the two kids find a little chick on it's own, raising it together as their very first pet. Dragging it around everywhere in a little home made cart. After it's death they made him a small tombstone and buried his feathers. Only years later did they realise why they only buried feathers, having eaten the rest of the chicken that evening as dinner.

After school the two were either at Chris' house or at Y/n's, doing homework together at the table. Y/n groaning at him as she understood it quite well and struggling to get him to understand, the boy not having enough interest to focus on it.

As the two little kids finally started growing taller, they measured their length each month, the tallest one having bragging rights. Chris's growth came earlier then the little girl's, giving him bragging rights for almost a full year. When Y/n finally outgrew the boy, he walked in with a mohawk on his head making him taller then her. Growling at the boy she gives him two seconds to run before chasing after him, flattening his hair down after catching him.

During their weekly sleepovers, pillow-fights are the main event. The two kids having already destroyed one to many pillows, making feathers fly everywhere. During one of these fights, Y/n's favourite teddy bear did not come out unharmed. The poor bear losing it's limb, making the little girl cry her eyes out.

Of course Chris searched the entire city for that same bear, buying a new one for his best friend after destroying it accidentally.

Glancing down at the bear in his hands, Chris – now more known as Chan – can't help but smile softly at the memories. Never having found the strength to throw the original teddy bear away, he has always kept it close. The broken limb being stitched back on by colourful threads, a new color for each time he had to redo it.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

It has been years since Stray Kids debuted, even more years since Chan left his family and friends behind in Australia. At first it had been difficult to remain in contact with his friends, it didn't work out with everyone, but with Y/n it did. No matter the distance between them, they remained close over the years.

With the two growing up away from each other, they feared things would change between them, that their closeness would fade away and they would become people that just know each other and nothing more. Y/n feared Chan would forget about her when he debuted and became popular. Chan feared Y/n wouldn't want to remain close friends after he entered the spotlight.

Thankfully neither of their fears came true. How could Chan ever forget his childhood best friend? And Y/n, she was a bit shocked when fans found out about her, but after properly introducing her and sharing their childhood with Stay, she found her place and became comfortable with the reality of being known by many.

Now, years into Stray Kids being famous and their friendship being revealed, Y/n is often spotted around the members. About two years ago she moved to Korea as well, finding herself a small place to stay, near Stray Kids' dorms so they could easily come over. With her being nearby most of the time, she has often had guest- and surprise-visits in the SKZ-CODE episodes, giving Stay a chance to get to know her better.

With Y/n being older than all Stray Kids members, except Chan her place was quickly estimated by Stay. The two being really close, them being the two oldest of the nine and her being the only girl... Add to that that Chan has always been seen as the father of the seven kids, Y/n place as the mother of the groups was quickly decided. Quickly picking up on what Stay's said, the seven younger member quickly made it an official thing.

Just as they tease Chan about his age with phrases like 'You're half 52' and 'Grandfather' they started teasing Y/n by calling her 'Omma'.

Whenever Y/n joins them in teasing Chan, hoping they'll skip her turn, Chan is quick to let her know she almost as old as him before tickling her until she admits he is right.