3

Isabelle's POV

I wake up early, feeling restless and unsure of what to do next. After slipping out of the house where I had slept, I make my way to a nearby market, hoping to find something to eat.

As I wander the stalls, I can't help but feel out of place among the bustling crowds of people. I'm used to keeping to myself, to staying hidden and unnoticed, and the attention makes me nervous.

Still, I manage to find a small stand selling bread and fruit, and I buy enough to sustain me for the day. As I make my way through the streets of Cambridge, I can't help but feel drawn to the university campus in the distance.

I've never been to a university before, never even had the chance to go to school, and the sight of the sprawling buildings and green lawns fills me with a sense of longing and curiosity.

As I wander the campus, lost in thought, I catch sight of a familiar figure in the distance. It's Harry, the wealthy duke who surprised me in his home just a few days ago.

But he's not alone. Walking beside him is a beautiful young woman with curly brown hair and bright eyes, laughing and chatting with him as if they've known each other for years.

I feel a pang of jealousy and hurt, even though I know that Harry owes me nothing. He's just a wealthy aristocrat, and I'm just a poor thief trying to survive.

But still, I can't help but feel drawn to him, to the way he looked at me with those piercing green eyes that seemed to see right through me. And as I watch him walk away with the other woman, I know that I'll do whatever it takes to talk to him again.

Feeling a sudden burst of determination, I decide to follow Harry and the young woman, desperate to learn more about his life and his world. As I wander through the campus, lost in thought, I spot a young man sitting on a bench, reading a book.

He looks up as I approach, and I can see the surprise on his face as he recognizes me. He is another nobleman I tried to steal from once but he was not as nice as Harry...

But as I draw closer, I can see a gleam in his eye, a look of amusement and interest that sends shivers down my spine.

"Well, well, well," he says, his voice smooth and playful. "What brings you to Cambridge, my dear? Are you lost?"

I explain my situation to him, telling him about my encounter with Harry and my desire to learn more about his life and his world. William listens intently, nodding his head and seeming to take it all in.

"Well, I might be able to help you," he says finally, a sly grin crossing his face. "But I'll need something in return."

My heart sinks as I realize what he's suggesting. William is known as something of a rake and a flirt, and I can see the way he's looking at me, as if sizing me up and deciding how best to use me. "I help you talk to Harry...and you help me with his sister Daisy." he grins. So the woman he is with is his sister...? I relax a bit.

I know that I need his help, and so I agree to his terms. He leads me to the library where Harry and Daisy went into, and I try to ignore the way he flirts with me and touches me, using me to get close to Daisy.

As we wander through the stacks, I catch sight of Harry in the distance, his back turned as he searches for a book. My heart races as I realize how close I am to him, and I can't help but wonder what might happen if he were to turn around and see me there, standing in the shadows.

As I follow William through the stacks, I try to keep my eyes on Harry, desperate to learn more about him and his life. But as we turn a corner, I suddenly find myself face to face with Harry himself.

He's standing there, looking down at me with a mix of surprise and anger in his eyes. For a moment, we just stare at each other, both of us unsure of what to do or say.

But then William steps forward, breaking the awkward silence. "Harry, my friend!" he says, slapping Harry on the back. "What a pleasant surprise! I didn't know you were here."

Harry's eyes flash with anger as he looks at William. "What are you doing here, William?" he asks, his voice cold and harsh.

"I'm just showing our friend Isabelle around," William replies smoothly, giving me a sly smile.

Harry's eyes flick to me, and I can see the way they narrow as he takes in the sight of me on William's arm. I can sense the jealousy and anger radiating off of him, and I can't help but feel a twinge of satisfaction at the sight.

But before I can say anything, Harry is stepping forward, his hand on William's arm. "I think it's time for you to go, William," he says, his voice low and dangerous. "And take your friend with you."

With a final glare at me, Harry turns and stalks away, leaving me standing there, feeling a mix of confusion and excitement. I can't help but wonder what might happen next, and whether Harry will ever speak to me again.