Leaving The CDC

Melina's pov

I was on the verge of tears. My family was in danger and I couldn't do anything.

Everyone was trying to Jenner to open the door, I tuned out of their conversations until he said something that caught my attention.

"So why is an angel like you doing in a place like this?" He asked. I turned and looked at him with a sharpe look.

"It's my job as an angel to protect this group, however I would protect and even go to the ends of the Earth for my husband and father." I said truthfully.

I walk closer to him. But then I hear another voice, but this time it wasn't my mother's.

"Tell him, I love him and that I didn't have a choice but y'all do., I'm his wife, please." The voice begged.

"Your wife, she said to tell you that she loves you, and that she didn't have a choice, but we do and she wants us to make that choice." I said.

I could see tears coming to his and he nodded. "I just want one thing before you leave." He said.

I walked closer nodding, letting him know I'm listening. "Sing for me please?" He asked.

I was a little confused by his request. "Why if don't mind me asking?" I asked.

"It's been foretold that all angels have the most beautiful voice, I just want to know if it's true." He explained.

I nodded letting him know I understood. I racked my brain for a song, I then remember one of my mom's favorite songs.

I close my eyes and started to sing.

Once I was finished singing he open the door. My dad was rushing everyone to hurry up because we only had 7 minutes.

3 of those minutes were used to pack. All Carl and I had to do was grab our bags.

Everyone finished packing and we ran up the stairs trying to get out of this place.

My dad tried lifting the door but it wouldn't budge, so they tried to break the window.

It wasn't until Carol pulled out a fucking grenade that Rick blew up the window.

We all ran to our vehicles and got in shutting the doors and ducking. Carl threw his body over mine just as the CDC exploded.

We sat up and I see Dale and Andrea running towards the RV. We then pulled away from the CDC and start heading to Fort Benning's.

On the way I felt like someone was constantly stabbing my back. I let out a scream because of how painful it was.

"Dad, pull the fucking truck over now!" I yelled through the pain. He honked the horn and pulled over.

I rushed out of the truck and started taking my shirts off. I was now only in my black laced bra.

I fell to the ground in pain. Carl, Rick, Rose, Cash, and my dad rushed over to me.

"Stay back please!" I begged them. I had a feeling if they got to close I would hurt them. They stopped in their tracks looking at me with worried looks.

All I can remember is the pain before it went away. I took some deep breaths before I felt something on my back.

I stand up and turned around to face everyone. Most a face of shock or surprise. My dad slowly walked up to me.

I turn my head to see pure white feathers and I instantly knew I got my wings. I turned to my dad.

"Daddy look I got my wings." I said excitedly running up to him and tackling him in a hug.

"I'm so proud of you Lina." My dad said hugging me back being careful not to touch my wings.

My wings then folded up on each side of my and Carl walked over wrapping a blanket around me.

I smiled up at and hugged the blanket closer to my body before standing up on my toes and giving Carl a kiss.

"This is wonderful but how are we going to fit in the truck now?" Rose asked.

I smiled and wished for my wings to be hidden. The blanket got a looser and my wings were no where in sight.

"We should probably get going now, it'll be dar in a few." I said taking Carl's hand and walking back to the truck leaving everyone stunned.