five - real men don't dance

"Someone kept moving my spot", Sammy complained as he exited the spinning class

"Yeah, sure", Ruby chuckled next to him, throwing Kat and Alec an amused look.

"I swear", Sammy replied, shaking his head in frustration.

"When you see Tara, can you give her this?", Abigail asked, giving Kat a photo. "I think she might have accidentally dropped it in the bin."

"It's sort of blurry", Sammy mustered the photo.

In the photo were Alec, Kat, Sammy, and Ruby, who were blurry to see, except Ethan in the background, who was clearly in focus.

"Well, except one", Alec laughed.

"Yeah, it's sort of Ethan", Kat said.

Then the friends saw Tara, at the exam cabinet, and walked over to her.

"Hi, Tara-Tiara", Ruby sang, giving the brunette a side hug as she pulled out her graded exams from the cabinet.

"Hi", Tara softly replied, before looking at her grades.

"Did you throw this in the bin?", Kat asked, showing Tara the picture.

"Yep", Tara replied, smiling, clearly proud of herself.

"Not because you found a better shot of him?", Kat questioned.

"No, because he's distracting, and he's frustrating and generally bad for me. From now on, I'm sticking with my friends."

"Gold elephant stamp for you, Tiara", Kat smiled.

"Yes, I've never been prouder", Ruby said, pretending to cry, making the two girls laugh, before following the boys out to the cafeteria.

• • • • • • • •

"I'm a dead man", Sammy said, as he leaned on a chair for support.

"Dude, it's only English.", Kat answered, eating her dessert.

"And you got a B+, not an F", Tara said.

"Yeah Sammy, don't be too hard on yourself", Ruby said, while stealing a spoon full of pudding from Kat, who playfully slapped her hand away.

"Dead, dead, dead", Sammy repeated, "There's no pulse. Ok? I'm six feet underground."

"For a corpse, you're doing a great job of topping every class.", Kat brought in.

"Are you serious, Kat?"

"Yes?"

"Take a look around. This is a dance school. In my dad's opinion, it's easy to top. And I promised him straight A's and synagogue every Saturday.", Sammy said, while frantically walking around.