13. The truth about love

Start from the beginning

I immediately feel better because I know Anne will be here moving forward.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Today was an evening for Harold to visit. He bought with him seven new outfits for the baby, some clothing to make breastfeeding my baby easier for me and a pile of new toys.

He had dinner pre-made for us and bought them along for me to eat. He gave me a foot massage and sat with me holding my hand and offering compliments about my pregnant body.

Harry kissed me and professed his undying love for me while my brain is coming to terms with the words from my secret admirers communication.

Exterminated.

My hands started to tremble slightly but thankfully Harry didn't notice.

He tells about an amazing holiday to Melbourne that's coming up. He's so excited because he gets to take his children to the beach. And this year, wants all his children there.

My heart immediately started to pound at the idea of Zara being anywhere near my baby. Yes, legalities are in place preventing her taking my babe from me physically. But that doesn't mean harm won't come to them.

Harry begs and pleads for me to go with bub once they're born and I give the situation careful consideration. He offered to put us in a hotel merely a block from the one he would share with the rest of his family.

He offered to pay for me to hire a Nanny from the time of birth for as long as I would want or need one.

To be honest, I think it was the offer of a Nanny that pushed me into saying yes.
I don't want Harry sad or prevent him from spending time with his baby. I would never want to deprive him of that.

So, I said yes.

I know I will regret this holiday, more so than any other situation I have ever been a part of.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I've spent the past few days interviewing nannies that may be able to handle a situation this delicate and manage to stay discreet.

Harry told me he's willing to pay whatever salary is needed in order to ensure our travel with his family to the seaside.

Out of the interviews I've carried out thus far, there has only been one decent Nanny for genuine consideration. In her mid-forties she had a no-nonsense attitude, yet came across as kind, and caring and has a maternal logic to caring for children.

I wanted to speak to Harry before I committed to the Nanny, given he is picking up the bill.

I asked for her address and said I would send communication to her if the position is to be hers.

I decided to get in touch with Harry, via his receptionist to let him know I need to see him. Agreeing to assist, she confirmed Harry would be at my home by six pm.

Again, upon arriving, Harry had dinner for us both, toys and clothing for my baby and a beautiful mink coat in a blush rose color. Just gorgeous!

He made me stand and try it on and in the shoulders and length it is a perfect fit. It just won't button up at the front because of my protruding stomach. Caressing my baby belly, Harry kept telling me that I am only getting prettier through my pregnancy.

I don't know if I believe him, but I'm almost done with my eighth month of pregnancy and can almost predict how difficult carrying this baby belly is going to become!

Whilst with me, I made sure to check with Harry regarding the Nanny I interviewed.
He said I could hire whomever I wish and he will ensure the wages are paid.

I immediately asked Harry to fetch a postman so I could write to the Nanny and let her know the job was hers.

And I wanted her to know as soon as possible.