Chapter 3

-July 1st 1996-

   I am at my doctors office. After being to scared to take a pregnancy test myself at 4 weeks after the procedure I decided to wait for my appointment.

Dr. Lee: "Enters". Well we have your results Veronica.

Veronica: "Nervously". A-and?.

Dr. Lee: "Smiles". Congratulations you are 7 weeks along.

-July 4th 1996-

At Central Perk. Joey is putting jam on his muffin.

Joey: Remember when you were a kid and your Mom would drop you off at the movies with a jar of jam and a little spoon?.

Rachel: "Looks at him". You're so pretty.

Phoebe: "Enters". Hi!.

All: Hey Phoebe.

Phoebe: Hey oh you know that guy who's been following me?. I talked to him today.

Joey: "With food in his mouth". You talked to him. Are you crazy?.

Phoebe: Okay first I'm not crazy. And second say it don't spray it. Anyway his name is Malcom and he wasn't following me. I mean he was but cause he thought I was Ursula. Ick. And that's why, that's why he couldn't just come up and talk to me. Cause of the restraining order.

Chandler: Um not feeling better bout Malcom.

Phoebe: Ooh!. No, no, no, no he's not like a kook no. He's just like this, this very passionate, incredibly romantic guy that got like a tinsy bit carried away you know. And we just get along really well and he's so cute.

Veronica: Oh my God you've got a crush on your twin sister's stalker!.

Phoebe: No I'm just gonna help him you know get de-Ursula-ized like you know. Like I did for Joey after he went out with her.

Joey: "With mouthful". Hey I didn't stalk her. I mean. "Sprays Phoebe with crumbs".

Phoebe: Okay I asked for the news not the weather.

Monica: "Enters". Hey guys.

All: Hey Mon.

Monica: Joey this is for you. "Gives him a jar of jam". It's blackberry curin.

Joey: Aw. "Tastes it". Oh!.

Chandler: Hey Joe I gotta ask. The girl from the Xerox place buck naked. "Holds up one hand". Or, or a big tub of jam. "Holds up the other hand".

Joey: Put your hands together.

I laugh at Joey's response.

Monica: Joey take your time with that. That's my last batch.

Joey: No more jam?!.

Rachel: Well what happened to your jam plan?.

Monica: I figured out I need to charge seventeen bucks a jar just to break even. So I've got a new plan now. Babies.

Chandler: Well your gonna need much bigger jars.

Ross: What are you talking about?.

Monica: I'm talking about me having a baby.

Ross: What?.

Rachel: Are you serious?.

Veronica: "Shocked". Like serious, serious?.

Monica: Yeah. The great thing about the jam plan was I was taking control of my life. So I asked myself what is the most important thing to me in the world and that's when I came up with the baby plan.