The waitress did notice that whenever Max was there, the cat wasn't and that did slightly concern her but Chloe didn't seem worried about it. Today was going to be the day where she was going to look for Max while Chloe's friend Max was here.

"If you two need me, I'm takin a well deserved shower. Don't burn down the house please" Joyce joked and left the two girls off with themelves,

She went up the stairs and instantly opened Chloe's bedroom door to look for the cat but there was no luck. The windows were locked and Chloe hadn't even opened her curtains yet.

"Max?" Joyce said, still expecting to hear small footsteps somewhere but couldn't. She saw Max's favorite toy and decided to squeeze it in hope for the cat to come there.

Downstairs however, Max heard it and wanted to grab it, the girl began whining and began biting her hand.

Biting her hand meant that her cat-instincts were getting the best of her and chewing something always made it go away. It hurt her hands but she couldn't help it.

"Max? What's wrong?" The punk asked as she saw Max do this,

"Joyce has my toy.." Max confessed and tried to stop chewing her hand by moving i away from her mouth, Chloe held her hand in response.

"Why does she have your toy.." Chloe muttered,

"She's trying to find me- cat me."

"Oh."

They knew that Joyce would be suspicious sooner or later but really didn't know that she was going to be doing this right now. There wasn't a plan or anything so they had to chance it and hope Joyce didn't car eanough; Joyce does.

Thumping down the stairs, Joyce came down with a stern expression and was holding the tpy in her hands. Max was about to grab it but Chloe pinned her down with her arms and stopped her from doing so.

"Chloe, where is your cat?"

"She's somewhere"

"Don't say that, where the hell is she?"

"She's safe don't worry..."

"Chloe seriously. Where is Max. And how come she disapears whenever this Max comes round?" Joyce folded her arms and Max felt guilty, Joyce had treated her with kindness and didn't want to be a burden. The woman obviously cared about cat-Max, would she look at human-Max the same again though.

"I uh-..." Chloe didn't know how to respond and Joyce was getting annoyed,

"I thought we werent keeping secrets from each other anymore Chloe!"

"I-I can explain..." Max said intrupting Joyce,

"Yes, please explain."

Max looked into Chloe's eyes and smiled softly, "Please don't hate me Joyce..." Max said and got up from the sofa,

Joyce sighed and expected the worst, but she was completely suprised.

The girl infront of her shrunk and out came a long maine-coon cat, the cat the waitress was looking for. After shaking out of her clothes, she moved over to Joyce with droopened ears and looked intently at Joyce.

"Oh.. Oh my..." was all Joyce could say, "How- When.... Max... Max is Max?"

"Yep..." Chloe responded with and watched her mothers reaction, "Please- Don't tell anyone mom. Even she doesn't understand it."

That was true, Max's parents left her when she was just 6, a kitten, and couldn't of been taight anything or even remember it. She had no idea what she was, all she knew is that she could turn into a cat and human at will.