"You are new here," That's all she said, and I went back to reading a book she was holding in her hands.

A chill ran down my spine.

How did she know I was new here? Do I look like I am not from this world? Oh she meant she had never seen me here in this library?

I don't know in what context she said that to me, but it sure did scare the heck out of me. I awkwardly smiled and skedaddled. I took a breather as I was completely hidden by the tall bookshelves full of books arranged in symmetry.

"Woah," the surprised sound escaped my lips unintentionally.

I randomly pick out a book and read its name- The Life Of Lord Ludovicus Caelius.

It was an autobiography. Rolling my eyes in disappointment, I put it back where it belonged and started looking around for a mythical or some magic-related book. I don't know for how long, but I kept roaming around the huge library for an hour. I sighed in tiredness and sat down on one of the single sofas and took out my phone.

I remember I took a screenshot of the comment where the person told me about this library.

Maybe they also told me about the book's name?

I went to my gallery on the phone and found the picture I was looking for. Sadly, there was no such thing as only the name of the library was given to me.

I guess I have to look around for more.

"What are you looking for?" I heard a voice making me turn in their direction.

I found a tall man standing looking down at me with smiling eyes, and they held a meaning behind them.

Esme, don't let your guard down.

"You are?" I asked, standing up to meet his height, but he was four to five inches taller than me.

Woah.

He was handsome. Greyish white hair, blue eyes, and soft features for a man. But it suited him.

"I am Artamo. I saw you roaming around looking for something for some time now. I was reading a book here," He stopped and pointed a finger behind me. I followed his direction and saw a bag pack and a few books lying on the table.

I relaxed and looked back at myself with a smile.

"Oh. I am Esme," I said, extending my hand forward to shake hands with him.

He immediately held my hand and shook it. Warm and soft that's how his hands felt.

Would Rhys hand's feel the same?

I withdrew my hand in shock, surprising him and myself.

What the heck? Did I just think of Rhys?

"Are you okay?" I looked up to see Artamo's confused face.

"Yeah. I would like your help," I said, shaking my head to let go of the weird thought I just had. I faked a smile at him, and he seemed to accept it.

"Sure. So, what kind of content are you looking for?" He asked, running his fingers through his hair. My dumb eyes followed the movement, distracting me from the task at hand.

What? He was eye candy to my eyes.

He smiled as he saw me looking at him. I cleared my throat and walked forward to hide my embarrassment.

"I am looking for mythical or magical-related books for my assignment," I half lied, walking forward and not waiting for him.

"Right. It's this way, Esme," He said, probably laughing at my dumb ass.