1 - a very unusual message

London
Sept. 15th

The red glow from the numerous taillights of cars on the streets and the impatient honking of horns from those stuck in the after-work traffic greeted Nora as she steppes out the huge glass door of the massive office building.

The cold September air hit her, so she pulled her coat together as she walked down the steps toward the street.

London in autumn definetely has its advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, everything seems so gray and wet that you would prefer to crawl into your bed and never come out again. On the other hand, people wear terribly chic coats and expensive boots and cafe visit can easily turn into a fashion show.

Nora Brown has now been employed for six months at one of London's most prestigious law firms. At first it was difficult for her to find her way around the intimidating and huge office building, but she quickly found her place there. Nora had fought for it for a long time and would do anything to sit at the table of important people.

The icy wind blew through her pitch-black hair, which she wore loose in defined curls as she waited on the side of the road for her Uber. When the car arrived, Nora greeted the driver in a friendly manner, a middle-aged man with olive skin and silver short hair. He drove her leisurely through the gridlocked traffic of evening London. The streets of the city were packed, horns were honking and loud music was blaring from the windows of the cars.

Her eyes roamed over the various houses and into the cross streets, small alleys and parks. After a few minutes, they arrived in front of her apartment complex and Nora could finally enter her beloved apartment shortly after. It was an ultra-modern apartment with a beautiful roof terrace, a large kitchen and other luxuries that Nora was not used to from her childhood. To live in such an apartment was a small life dream for Nora, which she could finally fulfill herself at the age of 26.

Opening her apartment door, Nora was greeted by the pleasant scent of lemon and pomegranate. She pressed the light switch and hangs her coat on the coat rack. Nora had furnished her apartment just the way she wanted it: In noble, simple shades, not so extravagant, but nevertheless elegant and expensive. The dining table was made of natural mahogany wood, which contrasted with the cream-colored walls and the plain kitchen. The mix of expensive wood and earthy pastel tones made the apartment beautifully unique.

It was 9 p.m. and the day had been very tiring, so Nora ran hot water in her bathtub and treated herself to a glass of white wine. The tub smelled of essential oils and bath salts.

Nora got rid of her tight clothes and sank deep into the hot water. For a moment she closed her eyes and breathed deeply and consciously. Mindfully she became aware of her body and let every single muscle relax in the warmth of the water. She reviewed the day in her mind and mentally checked it off with a smile on her lips.

After the tub, she changed into an oversized shirt and comfy underpants and made herself comfortable on her sofa. A hot cup of herbal tea steamed in front of her while she checked her e-mails once again. That was one drawback of being a lawyer: Nora never really had her peace. There was always somebody who wanted something from her. It was truly her own responsibility how she set her own boundaries.

She quickly went through the emails before getting ready to go to bed until something unusual suddenly caught her eye.

For a moment, Nora's heart stopped and her face grew hot.

An unusual message.

A very unusual message.

What does this mean?

A message from Gerard „Sully" Sullivan.