[49] daunting revelations

8x08How It's Gotta Be

8x08
How It's Gotta Be

When Liz stopped running and reached the rest of the group, she was pleasantly surprised to see that Carl was the one making the calls.

"You need to make it look like we're escaping out back. Get to the woods, halfway to the quarry, and cut the lights. Get enough of a lead on them, hit them, and get away on foot," he said putting smoke grenades into a bag. "You know where we'll be. Just have to get the guns, get everyone else here, and we'll meet you there."

"Two minutes, people!" Everyone changed their focus and faced the gate aware of the trucks on the other side. The man on the other side. "Dig deep. I want these apologies to be memorable. Bonus points for creativity. Work up a poem, sing a song... I love that shit."

"Get going," Carl said to Tobin's group getting back everyone's attention. "There's gonna people in the infirmary. They're gonna need your help."

Liz and Daryl shared a glance while he was giving instructions but returned their gaze to the gate with mixed emotions when Negan began whistling.

"Look, we got guns. We can fight them," Tara told the smaller group, now it was just their original group, except for the ones they'd lost and the ones that were out.

"We will, but not now," replied Rosita. "Carl's right."

"Carl, we can't just let them have this place," Michonne gritted out, pissed at the people outside their home.

"We can," Carl assured. "All you need to do is survive tonight." Liz stared at him thoughtfully. "This is my show. You said it. This is my plan, and you're gonna do it," he said to Michonne before looking at the others. "You're all gonna do it."

Having missed practically the entire plan, Liz realised that part of it involved Carl doing something by himself.

"He's right," she said referring to letting the Saviours have this place. "We're not gonna be able to fight them off right now, there's no time. And we need to survive," she glanced at her brother before saying, "all of us. I'm coming with you."

She didn't know on what kind of suicidal mission he was one to even exclude himself from the surviving group but she wasn't going to have it.

"Izzie—"

"If you think for a second I'm gonna let you do this by yourself, you're wrong. You're gonna buy time aren't you?" she said not expecting an answer. "You can't boss me around," she smirked joking lightly, albeit she was mostly serious. "Now we can stay here and waste time or we can all follow the rest of your plan, hm?"

Carl held her stare before finally nodding.

"Great. Well, you heard him," she motioned to the others.

"Let's go!" the younger Grimes shouted causing everyone to start moving.

"One minute!"

"Iz."