Chapter-6:Wrong Number

"Jarvis who is he?" Stephen asked looking at Andrew and Diana, his voice was calm but deep down he was jealous of the male. "Andrew Garfield, Miss Wilson called him before coming here and asked him to pick her up. Also, he is the one whom she called last night. I found out that Miss Wilson is really close to Mr. Garfield, there has been rumors that they have been secretly dating but they are all wrong. I have looked up at it and they are not and never have been." Jarvis informed. The Avengers visibly relaxed.

"So Diana and Andrew are close, has this guy found his soulmate?" Bucky  asked. "Yes, his soulmate is the famous actress Gwen Stacy. They have been together for last three years. She is the woman Miss Wilson talked to last night." Jarvis said.

"Jarvis locate Diana and keep a track of her location." Tony said. "Now since only Loki and Tony have touched her you two have two days, you know what I mean. Just don't make her un-comfortable." Steve said with squinted eyes. Tony and Loki grinned like mad mans.

"Who is gonna go for Lunch?" Loki cocked a brow at Tony who smirked and said-"Rock, paper, scissors, winner gets to decide."

Meanwhile with Andrew and Diana-

"So you are telling me that the Avengers! Are your soulmate!???" he yelled looking at her in shock. "Yah! Yah! Yah! Look forward  you dumbass!! Are you planning to get us killed!!?" she yelled back.

"Oh no how about the fact that THE AVENGERS are your soulmate and you are not freaking out is worrying me!!" he shrieked. "Rethink or watch carefully, do you really think that I'm not freaking out!!?" she huffed. Andrew shrugged when he noticed that she was in fact silent freaking out. 

"Okay, what are we gonna do if they do something like Gwen?" Andrew asked with furrowed brows, Diana's face fell at the thought. "We just need to explain that we are best friends, that's it. And let's not think about any conclusions or the worst. Let me be happy." Diana did again what she does the best, ignoring the problem.

"Drop me at the company plz Andy." she said with puppy eyes. the said man rolled his eyes and pulled over at her company. "Take care." he said and hugged her, "Bye!" she said and left the car.

Diana went inside the private lift for the celebrities, the employees gave her stare cause she was in her last night's dress. An open invitation to rumors, she walked out on her floor and went inside her private office. Opening with her fingerprint she entered and took a pair of casual clothes. She took a bath and changed into them, usually she keeps the spare clothes to wear after work out or emergency situation like this.

 She took a bath and changed into them, usually she keeps the spare clothes to wear after work out or emergency situation like this

She immediately reached out for someone to call her manager, soon enough a young male burst inside the room. "Miss where have you been!??" he asked her with worry. "Hello to you too Alex." she said sarcastically. Alex Fade was an intern in the company hired as assistant to her, he was still a high school student although.

"Miss Di, there are rumors circulating like fire in a forest." he said worriedly, "What's new kiddo.. " she said with a chuckle pulling her into a messy bun. "Now, what exactly are the rumors?" she asked.

Alex looked at her with hesitation before he forwarded the I-pad he was holding in his hands, she looked at it with amusement, 'Diana Wilson, spotted the next morning in the same dress as her movie's promotion from the night before after she diss-appeared into thin dust.' the headline read. There were many other that were not respectful like the other ones.

"I'm to happy to care about this right now." she grinned shutting the pad off, Alex looked at her in shock. Usually she would be outraged but now, "Miss Di, are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm great Alex, never been better." she said with a wide grin. "Oh btw, can you please get me some normal shoes. My ankles hurt like hell also, I lost my phone. So please get me one to use" she said and Alex nodded quickly. He left in an instant to get her the shoes and a phone.

She leaned back on her chair and sighed, everything was calming her nerves, the black aesthetic of her office giving her peace.

Soon she get back to her work, editing her songs and reviewing them. Alex came back to hand her phone and a pair of shoes and left. She was alone in her office when her new phone rang, she furrowed her brows in confusion. She just got the phone, who was calling her and how in the world did they got her number.

"Hello?" she asked hesitantly, her brows furrowed in confusion. "Hey Darling.. " someone greeted from the other side. "Wrong number." she said was about to cut the call when the line answered-"No it's not!" She just hung up feeling weirded out because the guy was creepy as fuck as per her. The number called many times but she just put her phone on airplane mode. 

She continued working, soon it was lunch time. Diana was about to pick her phone when Alex burst inside, "Di! Miss Di!! The Tony Stark is here to meet you!!!" he yelled breathlessly. Diana looked at him with wide eyes and ran towards the elevator, she hastily stepped in and pressed the ground floor. The minute the elevator opened she saw a herd of crowd from her office ladies squealing and Tony stood near the reception with one hand shoved in his pocket,

Diana looked at him with wide eyes, "What are you doing here?" she said as she walked towards Tony with wide eyes. "Hello to you too darling.." he replied to her, "Let's go to my studio, already the entire office is gawking." she said hastily.

"First off, why did you hung up on me?" he asked looking at her with squinted eyes, "When did I hung up on you, heck when did you call!?" she asked in confusion.

"Wrong number?" he said as he saw the realization dawned on her, "It was you! How did you get my number!? And I thought it was a creepy caller or something." she replied.

"I'm wounded." he said dramatically, Diana pressed her lips into a thin line and shook her head. "Let's just go.. " she said as she held his arm and dragged him with her by instinct. "Are you busy today?" he asked as he held her hands protectively.

"I have one interview with Jimmy Fallon tonight, that's it." she replied. "Great. So the thing is, since for the next 48 hours the others can't touch you. Loki and I will be escorting you with your free time." he said with a smile. Diana smiled softly and nodded her head while looking down, the elevator dinged open and they made there way towards Diana's studio.

"We can go for lunch, I just need to shut my studio." she said as picked up her overcoat and turned off her computer. Tony looked around the studio, it was prone dark aesthetic. One of the entire wall were filled with awards, the adjacent wall had few frames of her and her parents which was way too old. It was from her first birthday, the others though were of her friends. Andrew's with her along with another man who had long black hairs, but Di looked a bit younger.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, let's go." she said as she smiled at Tony. He smiled back at her and the two walked towards the exit.