chapter 8: the grimm detective and the foul fangs

Start from the beginning

This made Cas think that the faunus were treated the same but less than his kind, people despised, looked down and killed.

Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us. Hijacking cargo from companies that used faunus labor. And the worst part was? It was working. We were being treated like equals... but not out of respect... out of fear, Blake said.

So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid their violence. And instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a huntress, Blake said.

So... have you told your friends any of this? Sun asked.

Only one, Blake said.

Who? Sun said.

She then looked behind her to which she spoke.

Cas, I know you're hiding behind there, blake said.

Just as she said that Cas stepped out of hiding.

Guess I should have talked in my head, I'm sorry for eavesdropping on you, you and the stowaway on that ship, I thought he was bad news, but I never knew you'd have a similar backstory, Cas said.

Similar? Blake said.

Long ago, many people were capable of a ability that allowed anyone to harness grimm, many failed to control it, made people fear us and hate us, making us disappear, now only me and two other people still stand to this day, i want people to know that us grimm hunters don't need to be erased from this world, Cas said as he left the cafe to prevent aniki and nick from being called out.

Meanwhile Nairi was walking alone Vale looking for Penny.

Hmm, Cas never told me what she looks like, maybe ruby might know, She said.

As she walked around she noticed Ruby walking around looking for blake. But she also noticed a girl with orange hair, she knew it had to be Penny.

Hey there girls, Nairi said walking over.

Oh hey Nairi, Ruby said.

Who is this? Penny said.

Oh I'm Nairi Farrell, I'm friends with this girl, and you might be my friend too, Nairi said.

Really, I'm Penny, it's a pleasure to meet you, Penny said.

Haha, it's a pleasure to meet you too, Nairi said seeing that Penny is quite strange to what Cas said.

So what are you two doing out here? Nairi asked.

We're looking for Ruby's teammate, Penny said.

Really? Have you got wind of her? Nairi asked.

No, but Penny told us that Blake is a faunus, Ruby said.

Blake? A faunus, you mean people with animal looks on them? Nairi said.

Meanwhile Cas, Nick, and Aniki were tailing the two down a street, both Nick and Aniki advised to keep it real quiet because of Blake's hearing.

So, what's the plan now? Sun asked blake.

I still don't believe the white fang is behind these robberies. They've never needed that much dust before, she responded.

Just then Cas hid behind a wall and pulled out his notepad to catch some info from their conversation.

What if they did, I mean... the only way to prove they didn't do it, is to go to the place where they would most likely go to if they were to do it, and not find them there... right? sun pointed out.