Rewriting the end of 19x07!

„I've loved you every single minute of every single day that I've known you." Nick said, moving his hand through his hair once again, terrified of her response. "I- I-" she stammered, making him smile slightly. She was terrible at this stuff. "What do you expect me to do now, jump off of the plane?" she asked, making him sigh. "No, Mer. I just- I love you. And you were right. You were right about everything you said. And- if you still want me to be part of your life then- we can make this work. We've already done that before we can do it again. We'll figure it out but- I just- I can't lose you after everything that's happened. I just love you." He said, hoping that she wouldn't just drop him now.

He knew that she loved him too and honestly he understood why she had been upset about him not saying it back right way. But they could make this work. And maybe at one point he'll move to Boston too because he was literally not bonded to any place. He just wanted to be with her.

"I love you too." He heard her whisper, making him sigh. There was about to be a "but".

"But I don't know if- if we can make this work." She then said, proving his suspicions right. "I don't want to miss you in my life Meredith and- it might be surprising but I am not the one to beg for your love as well but- I think that- what we have is enough to- it is enough to make this work." He said, making her chuckle.

"Okay." He then heard her say. "Okay?" he asked surprised, ignoring the honking cars behind him. "We can make this work." She then said, making a smile appear on his face. "We can." He gave back as they fell into silence. They were going to be okay. They could make this work. They had to.

"I have to go, I- I love you Nick." She then said, and he could hear from her voice that she was smiling too. "I love you too Mer, I hope you have a good flight. And don't be too nervous, nothing is going to happen to you and your kids." He answered, wanting to make sure she wouldn't be too scared on the plane. "Yeah, thank you. I'll call you when we land okay?"

"Okay. Bye." He then said before hanging up. "Thank god." He said, letting himself fall back into the driver's seat. They were going to be okay. He loved this woman so much that he couldn't just let her go that easily and he would do anything to be with her. Even if that would mean moving once again, he didn't care. As long as they could be a family. 

Now was that so hard?!!! Why can't they just let them beee!!! I literally wrote this in two minutes. So why would they still want them to be all sad and lonely why don't just give them a happy ending. So I know Ellen is going to be in the finale so I hope that they will fix this in the end of season 19 but this episode was just- not good at all. 

Hope you like the short story <3