Don't use that filthy toilet

After a forty-five minutes drive, the driver pulls up at a local gas station in the middle of nowhere.

The old riggedy convenience store can barely stand next to its only tired-looking gas pump.

A stray Labrador runs in circles chasing its tail whilst an old mechanic naps in his hammock, a torn cowboy hat covering his face from the sunshine.

"I need to take a leak." the driver informs Jordan

"Me too, me too, me too." A wave of hands pops up.

"Alright, off you all go, but be quick! We don't want to be stuck in further traffic up ahead."

The kids trip over each other to jump off the bus. The driver runs off to the back of the gas station, trying to open the toilet door, but it's locked. He holds his crotch and runs towards the old mechanic.

"Excuse me sir, we're buying gas, could we please have the key to the toilet? Our kids are desperate for a leak."

The old man sneezes, spits on the floor next to the driver's feet, and continues on with his nap, completely ignoring him.

The driver gives out a frustrated growl and runs inside the shop. He brushes away a huge spider web and coughs loudly. The shop looks as though a dust ball had exploded inside. Expired canned food fills the top shelf. Two skinny rats fight over the remains of a stale box of wheat cereal. The driver looks behind the till, lifts shuffled papers but nothing. He can't locate the keys.

"It's here! I found it! It's here!" shouts Paul

The driver dashes out of the shop and sees the boys pointing toward the old man, who is seemingly still resting despite their shouting.

The driver scratches his head in confusion. "Now, how the heck am I supposed to get that?" The driver stares at the old man's leg. A large piece of rusted metal was attached to the old man's

foot. The driver bends down to examine the leg and notice a weird, long metallic gap between the ankle and the top of his foot. Once he realizes what he is looking at, he shoots back up. " "Oh no, I'm not doing that."

"But sir! We really need to go!"

"Use the bushes, ain't no one watching you."

"Sir, come on."

He turns to the kids, his lips pressed into a thin line until he relents. "Ugh, fine!" He says, turning back to the old man - and squatting in front of his leg. He points back at the children. "If it leaks, you're cleaning up the mess." The children all enthusiastically nod, sincere looks on their faces, as they watch the driver hesitantly extend his arm out. He grabs a hold of the back of the old man's foot, tugs at it, and unlocks the prosthetic leg instantly. His relief at having done so without the man waking up is immediately interrupted by noises of disgust and shock behind him.

"Eww, sir! That's disgusting!" Shout the boys

"You've killed him!" gasps Sean

He turns around to look at the kids, his mouth agape in confusion and annoyance. His eyes narrow as he looks at each of the grossed-out kids. "How can I kill him by removing his foot, you moron."

"Well, he's not moving. That's not normal." one kid replies confidently.

The driver stares at the kid. Just before he is about to reply, he realizes how ridiculous it would be to argue with children who think he just ended this man's life. He closes his eyes and lets out a deep breath. He shakes his head as he stands up. "The only thing that's not normal is this man attaching the toilet key to his fake foot. Now, let's use the toilet quickly and get out of here."