Prologue

Most people know of Galar's most famous tale, the tale of the Darkest Day where the entire region was almost destroyed in a mysterious black storm if it weren't for the hero bearing a sword and shield.

Like many tales in the world, details have been changed throughout time. Some say it was one hero bearing a sword and shield, some say it was in fact two heroes one with a sword, the other with a shield. In the end, Galar was saved from the Darkest Day.

Though, there is another tale people in Galar know as well.

The tale of the Dragon's Salvation.

Long ago, in a time before the Darkest Day, mythical beings lived alongside humans and Pokémon. Dragons flew across the sky and pixies played in the forests.

Though mythical beings lived alongside humans and Pokemon, they weren't treated the same, being seen as inferior at times. While some beings were treated like gods some who gave offerings all the time, others were treated horrendously by humans being killed wrongfully or just for the human's excitement.

During that time, there was a kingdom. Some say it was the same kingdom that the hero was crowned after vanquishing the Darkest Day, others say not, and the reason they sound so is because of what happens in this tale.

The dragons in this world aren't the traditional dragons we've seen in myths or tales, Having both human features and dragon features during day-to-day life, they also had the ability to fully transform into a dragon whenever they wanted, they could have been seen as gods or monsters. This caused the dragon to have been treated both well and horribly by humans.

The ones who were treated horribly by humans, resented them to the point they decided to stand up for themselves, making the humans fear them instead of looking down upon them.

One particular clan of dragons was located near the kingdom, where the humans feared the dragons as well. The dragons demanded many things such as food, treasures, and valuable objects so they won't cause havoc or any sort of trouble in the kingdom.

The royal family has been following these demands for generations until the last generation of the royal family happened.

The child of the current monarch was rather eccentric, instead of being someone proper, quaint, and polite, was rather rambunctious. Instead of doing royal lessons such as etiquette, the child wanted to head out of the castle and research Pokémon and their relationship with humans.

Though the guards always tend to catch them midway through the escape. This happened multiple times to the child.

Try to escape, guards catch, go to room as punishment, and repeat.

Until one day that is, the child found a hole in the castle border walls, one that was big enough for the child to go through.

When the child went through, they discovered they were in the forest they always saw out the window of the prison they call their room. The forest was filled with luxurious flora, with Pokemon and mythical creatures roaming about. The child immediately took this opportunity to explore the area until the sun had set.

Once realizing they would have to go now or else someone would notice something, they made it a routine to sneak out using the hole to no one noticed yet and explore the forest the hole lead to. They would also take this time to research the Pokemon and creatures in the area, concealing themselves so they wouldn't be noticed.

"Why are you hiding in a bush?" The child shrieked hearing the sudden question.