Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Upstairs, Penny was scrubbing the sand out of her hair from where Pietro had thrown her into the pond. She groaned slightly when she kept finding bits of sand in her curls. She finally stepped out of the shower when she managed to get everything out of her hair. After she finished drying off, she went into her room and changed into a teal and black dress that Wanda had found for her at Spencers the previous day. She looked around the room; she really enjoyed having her own room. It was bigger than anything she was used to by a long shot, but it was nice and it was one of the first things that she had that was full of things that were fully hers. She laid down on the bed, her long curls sprawling out around her as she stretched her arms out. A few minutes later, she heard a soft knock on her door; she pushed herself up from the bed and walked over to the door and opened it to see Peter in the doorway.

"Hey princess." he greeted, stepping into the room.

"Hi Pete. Did you need anything?" she asked, slightly tilting her head to the left.

He shook his head, "Not really, but Mister Stark told me to talk to you."

"What about?" she asked, worry starting to creep into her.

"It's a long story..." he replied.

"O-okay." she replied softly; she swallowed thickly, Penny felt something in her freeze as she started to panic a little, were they sending her back to her aunt and uncles? "Mister....Mister Stark is sending me back....isn't he..." she asked, trying not to sound needy.

"WHAT?! NO!!" he replied quickly, turning around to face her. He hugged her tightly, "Never. He'd never do that princess." he replied, "Ever."

"Then what's wrong?" she asked, looking up at him, her big, brown eyes boring into him

"The Davis's..." he paused when he felt her go rigid next to him, "It's okay Penny," he assured her, patting her arm gently.

"Wh- What about them?" she asked, her voice cracking.

"Well, they are suing Mister Stark.."

"Why?!!" she asked, standing up from the bed, where he'd pulled her down earlier when she asked if she was being sent back.

"For..for you." he replied, gently pulling her back down to the bed, so he could look at her, "They want you back..."" he replied

She shook her head, feeling tears threaten to spill out of her eyes, "B-but I don't want to go back....Pete," she whispered, "Please don't let them d-do it...I-I don't-"

He hugged her again, kissing the top of her head gently, he squeezed his eyes shut, he could feel the fear that was radiating off of her. "Shhhh." he whispered, running his fingers through her wet curls, "I know princess, you won't. We're going to make sure of it." he promised.

"Th-they have a-a good lawyer." she whispered.

He let out a dry laugh, "Mister Stark has a better one. He's gonna fight it...but-"

"But what Pete?" she asked when he paused.

"He needs your help princess."

"F-for what?" she asked, "What could I do...I'm just me."

"To make sure you won't go back...being you is more than enough." he replied, tightening his grip on her slightly.

"Wh-what does he need?"

"He needs you to tell Mr. Layne, his lawyer, what happened while you were there. As much of it as you can remember..."

"W-why?" she asked, slightly tensing at the thought of having to talk about it some more.