"She offered to pay," Bruce began. "I don't know if she knows how expensive it is but like... she offered so..." Bruce shrugged and he saw Robin nod along to his words, agreeing that they should take advantage of it while they could.

"Well, I brought $10 just in case..." Billy mumbled out and Robin made an annoyed sound as if he knew Billy would do that.

Bruce smiled softly before standing up and leaving his bedroom, he could hear Robin and Billy start bickering about Billy not believing Robin's ability to sneak them in successfully. He walked down the stairs, as he entered the kitchen he could see his mother outside and Bruce felt a bit bad for coming down to ask her to pay even though he knew she would say yes if that would make him forgive her.

Bruce had already told her that he forgave her, he had told her every time she looked like she needed to hear it. Part of Bruce wanted to just tell her the whole truth about what had happened with Vance, that they were never really together, that Vance never truly liked him, but he felt that it would take away from this structure of new respect he built for himself. Plus he knew that his mother would be very mad at him and he wasn't really ready for that, maybe she never really had to know, it could just be a secret that a few people knew and that was enough.

He stepped out the backdoor, hearing the soft sound of a sprinkler in the yard over, his mother was on her knees digging in the flowerbed and a memory of Bruce walking in on a moment similar flashed through his mind, and it felt more distant as he saw the daisies printed on his mother's gloves.

"Mom?" He called softly. She turned her head, her face shadowed by her sunhat. She dropped her shovel, standing up and dusting her pants off as she stared at Bruce with a hopeful expression, except Bruce didn't understand why. "Um... I was wondering... could you pay for Robin, Finney, and I? For the concert tonight." He didn't look at her as he spoke, feeling greedy to ask such a question.

His mother stayed silent for a moment and Bruce could feel that he stepped too far in asking for that, he could practically hear her hesitation.

"Yeah, sure, honey. How much?" She asked, walking past him to enter the house. Bruce bit his lip as he followed her back inside, the sweet feeling of the air conditioning smoothing over his skin.

Bruce watched as she walked to the front door, grabbing her purse from the closet to search inside. The purse was very much his mother. Whenever he saw other women out on the street or in stores carrying the bag, he couldn't help but lightly narrow his eyes at them, as if it was wrong for any to imagine they could carry a purse with so much pride when the style belonged to his mother. It was a light pink bag, it was of medium size and Bruce remembered Amy talking about how she couldn't ever imagine herself owning that big of a purse. It was embedded with a rose design, but not in an overly gross way, they weren't coloured, just lightly stitched and there was only a few decorating it.

She pulled out her wallet, a black designer one his father had bought her for Valentine's Day once.

"Just $30... Billy has his own money." Bruce said, his throat feeling dry as his mother pulled open the pocket and the bills flashed before his eyes. He saw a baby photo of himself placed inside and it was one of the photos that made him cringe slightly if other's saw it.

She gently pulled out a few bills, her fingers still covered with the daisy gloves as she handed them to Bruce who hesitantly took them before looking up at her to see her smiling as she placed her purse back.

"Would you be upset with me if I took this?" He asked, still holding the cash in front of him. His mother still smiled at him and it made Bruce feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Of course not, dear, you deserve it. You have fun with your friends tonight, okay? Don't get in to too much trouble." She raised her arm and hesitated to place her hand on Bruce's cheek before rubbing her thumb softly on his skin, but it felt rough due to the gloves that held little specks of dirt.