𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊: 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕾𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌?

Start from the beginning

He pulled the table out to see Wednesday, "I don't remember this one coming in," he said, poking her cheeks. "Oh, my, You've been dead a while. Guess you won't mind waiting another day for me to cut you open," he commented.

He pushed her in and shut the door, and I waited until he closed the door with a click and grinned to myself.

Thing opened up the door to my compartment, and I sighed, "Give me a few more minutes. This is amazing," I told him; he gave me a thumbs up and patiently waited for us to finish relaxing.

_______________

We returned to Nevermore and set up our murder board while Castamere and Thing watched from the sidelines. Enid snored away while hugging her trophy like it was an actual human.

I sighed, pinning up the last photo, and looked to Wednesday, "The monster really chewed him apart like a new chew toy," I commented, examining the photos.

Wednesday nodded with her finger on her finger, in a classical thinking position. "There's a clear pattern," she observed, swiping her fingers from one photo to another and said, "each victim has a missing body part," she finished.

"You're right. It started with small body parts and could work its way up to bigger parts, growing confidence in not getting exposed or wanting attention like most killers. The latest victim is believed to be a man living in that old meeting ruin, just like the man we saw yesterday," I rambled, eyes flicking back and forth to the photos and information on the board.

Wednesday stayed quiet momentarily and turned to me, "Notice that most of the victims are people who had threatened to hurt or kill us. Example, Rowan and that ginger from the ruins," she explained.

"It's almost like it's...protecting us," I said lowly, looking at her dead in the eyes. "It could be obsessed with us and feels protective over us," I continued.

_______________

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, wide carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception." Ms. Thornhill explained to the class, "The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in. Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?" she continued.

"Nada," Bianca answered, "Just like all the guys at the Raven'N," she joked; the class laughed, and Wednesday and I rolled our eyes.

"Okay, okay. You're all excited about Saturday, so I haven't assigned any homework. But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee. Anyone interested, come and see me up here." The class went from cheers to groans.

I groaned and slumped on the desk; everyone had been going on and on about the Raven'N dance all week; Enid even slept talks about it! It's getting to the point where I want to lung myself off a cliff, which I probably would do.

"What. You ain't volunteering? Aren't you pumped about disco balls and spiked punch?" Xavier asked, nudging my side and making me groan.

Xavier had been much happier when Dorian told him I said yes to dating them. He was over the moon and wanted to do everything together all the time; it was slightly overwhelming. It was hard to say no to those puppy dog eyes.

I picked my head up and sighed, "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes and twist and twist." I told him.

Xavier shrugged and 'nonchalantly' said, "Or you could invite someone and have a little fun."

I rolled my eyes and told him, "You're really not as smooth or subtle as you think, but yes, we can go."

Xavier perked up, shot me a blinding smile, and fist-pumped Dorian, who looked as amused as I did at his actions.