Class started and I started taking notes.

"Psst!"

I looked around, confused by the sound. I looked out in the hallway and smiled when I saw Eddie gesturing for me to come out into the hallway with him. I shook my head. He stomped his foot and gestured again. I tried not to laugh as I looked ahead again.

"Psst!"

I looked back over, and Eddie was on his knees, hands clasped together as he begged me to come out into the hallway. I snorted and raised my hand, asking to go to the restroom. Eddie hopped up when he heard me and ran down the hallway. I walked out of the classroom, trying to play it cool. I started down the hallway, trying to figure out which empty room we were going to.

I yelped when he lunged out of a room and grabbed me, pulling me in. I laughed when he pressed me against the door, kissing my neck and jaw. I pulled him back to my face and kissed him hard, my nerves setting on fire as he ran his hands along my back.

"You know, we shouldn't be missing class," I teased, kissing his nose quickly. He grinned goofily and kissed me again.

"Well, I didn't get my mid-morning kisses," he replied, making me giggle. I brushed his hair out of his face and smiled up at him.

"You're a dork," I joked. He shrugged.

"Big talk coming from a puppet lover," he quipped, making my face blush. He laughed and kissed me again, running his hand down my thigh and scratching my bare skin. He pressed his forehead against mine. "Jesus Christ, I love it when you wear skirts."

I felt my stomach flip and smiled at him. He kissed my cheek and started nosing my chin up to kiss my neck. I pulled back and set my hands on his neck. I grinned when I saw the small bruise I had left the night before, tracing it softly.

"You like your work, princess?" he asked quietly, knowing what I was looking at. I looked up at him and smiled, nodding quickly. He grinned and kissed me again, and kept his lips close to mine. "Maybe I can give you one someday."

I flushed and he laughed before kissing me again. I melted into him for a little longer, keening into his touch and kisses. I pulled back, pressing my hands to his chest to stop him.

"Okay, I have to get class," I sighed, stopping him when he tried to kiss me again. He groaned and buried his face into the crook of my neck.

"I just want to spend all day with you," he whined. I grinned and held him tighter, kissing his temple.

"We're going to hang out after school," I told him, scratching his head. He pulled back and smiled.

"Can I give you a ride?" he asked. I nodded and kissed him quickly before wiggling out of his hold. I turned to him before leaving the room. I shot him finger guns and made him laugh before I left the classroom.

I walked back to class, rubbing my neck. Old Margot wondered if hickeys from Eddie Munson would be such a bad thing.

---

I was leaned against Shelob, glancing around the parking lot as I took a drag of my cigarette. Margot had told me she would meet me out here after class, and I was anxious to see her again. It was crazy how strung out on her I was – how badly I needed to touch her and hold her.

I scratched my neck, remembering how it felt when she had given me a hickey the night before. I wanted to get more from her and try giving her some. She finally walked out of the school, and I grinned wildly as she sauntered over. She looked great – she always looked great. She was in a skirt I hadn't seen, green with designs on it, and a dark blouse. I threw my cigarette on the ground and put it out with the toe of my boot. She got close to me and looked around, making sure there was no one around.

She surprised me when she threw her arms around me and kissed me hard. She pulled away, dropping me as I watched her, wide-eyed.

"What?" she asked, playing dumb. I shook my head and opened the door for her.

"You are inscrutable to me, princess," I replied, making her smile. She piled into the van and grinned as I closed the door. I walked around to my side, getting in and starting Shelob up. She was turned in her seat watching me as she crossed her legs. She was smirking as she stared at me, and I felt heat creep up my neck.

This was New Margot.

She placed a hand on the inside of my thigh, confident and bold when we interacted. Any version of Margot made me incredibly nervous, but New Margot had a way of setting me on edge.

"So nervous, Eddie Munson," she teased, tracing a design on my thigh and making my face heat. I placed a hand on hers and looked at her, placing her knuckles against my lips.

"Always nervous – got to make sure my shine doesn't wear off for you," I replied. Her stare softened and she pulled our hands to her to kiss the back of my hand.

"Your shine will never wear off, Eddie," she insisted. I smiled at her. Old Margot.

We made our way to her house, making each other laugh with stories about our day. This felt so good and so normal. We parked and got out of Shelob – Margot made sure to pat her dashboard and thank her for the ride. Our hands locked when we walked to the door, leaning into each other and trading kisses.

"Mom! Dad! Eddie and I are here!" she called, dropping my hand as soon as we walked in. I pulled my boots off, smiling as Mr. Patterson walked in.

"Hey, little elf," he greeted her, kissing her on the forehead. He smiled at me. "Mr. Munson! Welcome back!"

"Mr. Patterson," I started, pulling his manuscripts out of my bag and handing them to him. "I already knew you were a genius, but these are inspired."

He laughed and took them from me, clapping my shoulder.

"You're too kind, Eddie," he said. I shook my head.

"No, sir – I mean it! These were incredible," I insisted. He smiled, still looking at me.

"I think Eddie is my favorite of your friends, Margie," he said. I looked at Margot, grinning as she turned bright red.

"Oh, my god, dad, you're so embarrassing!" she whined, grabbing my arm and pulling me away. He winked at me as I followed her up the stairs and I felt like I was on cloud nine. I was E.J. Patterson's favorite friend!

We got to her room, and she turned to me, still red.

"I'm so sorry, Eddie," she sighed, burying her face in her hands. I grinned and pulled her into my arms, kissing the side of her face.

"I feel so cool knowing that I'm E.J. Patterson's favorite," I replied. She peeked from behind her fingers and scrunched her face.

"You're just being nice," she said quietly. I shook my head and pulled her hands off her face. I kissed her hard and kept her in my arms.

"Just trying my lines on you, princess," I quipped. She grinned and buried her face in my neck. I smiled. I was so lucky. It was a miracle that I got to hold Margot Patterson like this.

"Margie!" her dad called from downstairs. She pulled back and furrowed her brows.

"Yeah, dad?" she called back.

"Your other friends are here!"

My stomach dropped and her face lost color.

"Mar-got!" Jason exclaimed. We stared at each other, still holding onto each other, and not knowing what to do.

Shit.