Chapter One: Captured

Your P.O.V.
You walk through a earth village, a black hood is pulled up over your (h/c) hair to hide your identity . You walk by some wanted posters and news. You can't help yourself and stop to see if you're up there. You find a picture of yourself dressed in your red and black fire village dress.

It reads, "Wanted: Avatar (Y/n), criminal and threat. Description: has the ability to move and shoot fire, water, earth, and air to destroy villages, forests, and people. Has a burn mark along right cheek-neck. If the Avatar or signs of the Avatar's presents are found report them immediately."

You gently touch the burn mark you had given yourself that first day as you walk away. 'You were trying to figure out how you had done it, shoot fire from your hands, when it happened again. Fire came out of your hands. You jolted your head to the side, avoiding serious injuries, but you were still burned.'

Your thoughts are interrupted when you accidentally bump into a large man, causing you to fall over. When you hit the ground your hood falls back, revealing your scar, and fire shoots from your hands by accident.

You quickly get up and start running. You hear some people shouting at the guards that you're here. You run into an alleyway, looking for a place to hide. You try to catch your breath as you stand in the middle of the alley.

You hear quick foot steps behind you. You glance over your shoulder and see a guard advancing toward you. You start running again, not wanting to fight. You run around a corner, but only find a dead end. You turn around to look at the charging guard. As he gets closer you walk backward until you hit the wall.

When he is in reach of you, the guard swings his sword at you. You dodge and make a break for the street, but as you near it you see it's crowded with guards looking for you. You turn back to the one guard, deciding it's easier to dodge one of him instead of 30 of him.

He swings at you again and again, and again and again you dodge his attacks. Until he swings and you don't dodge, that is. He cut your side causing you to stop. You clutch your side and neel in the ground, moaning in pain. You remove one of your hands to see how much it's bleeding. Your hand is stained red.

You quickly press your hand back on your side, trying to stop the blood flow. You lie down on your good side due to you being light headed. Your vision gets spotty, but that doesn't keep you from hearing the guards as they come down the alleyway to arrest you.

You curl up and shut your eyes tightly. You feel your limbs start to go numb as you slip into unconsciousness. You can't help but wonder they must think. 'The terrible avatar, the greatest threat to their perfect utopia, lying in her own blood while the guard she's been fighting has no injuries.' This is the last thing you think before you slip into unconsciousness.

**************

You wake up in a jail cell. Carefully, you sit up. You notice that your side is sloppily bandaged up. You also notice that there are handcuffs covering your hands. You try to melt them, but nothing happens. After a few tries you give up. A few minutes later, a guard walks in motioning for you to come with him. You obey, as he and another guard take you to a room.

In this room is a throne, a large table, and a piece of metal in a oval shape. One man sits on the throne. He is dressed in gold and purple and has that guy-in-charge-look. As the guards lead you to the center of the room you notice no one else is in the room.

"So," he starts, "this is the great Avatar (Y/n). I thought you'd be a bit more... threatening," he chuckles. "Leave us," he says to the guards. As the guards leave You keep your gaze locked on him, not daring to look away.

"Those must be uncomfortable," he says, gesturing to the cuffs around your hands, "If I take them off... Will you attack me?" You ponder this for a moment, until you come up with a reasonable answer. "I am in no condition to fight," you say, matter-of-factly, "and I only fight in self defense, not for harm."

He chuckled, "Not for harm. I suppose burning down the market place isn't harmful. Nearly killing a village with boulders..." He continues to list all of the ways you messed up, though some you don't remember. You interrupt him, "Those were all accidents. I never meant any of it. I mean give me a break, If you woke up one morning with-"

"Silence!" He yells, making you jump. He's walked behind you while you were trying to reason with him. He takes off your cuffs and walks over to a table covered in buttons. You rub your wrists where the cuffs were to tight and more or less ignore what the man's doing.

You feel a sharp metal on your neck. You freeze. Moving only your eyes, you look up to see the man holding a knife to your neck in one hand and a button in the other. He presses the button. To your left the oval contraption starts to glow and a picture appears. You can only see it out of the corner of your eye so you don't see the full picture.

"What are you going to do to me?" You say, carful not to break the skin of your neck. "I'm going to put you where you belong!" he hissed. You feel blood start to trickle down your neck. He pulls the knife away from your neck and you hear a thud. Your eyes close and you hear a distant voice say, "I'm going to put you in the time of the benders." You've gone compleatly limp as you feel your self thrown . Before loosing consciousness for the second time, you sense a change in the atmosphere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N
~The picture above is where the scar is.
~ I do not own Avatar the last air bender