Chapter 3 - The Party

[Ashley] Hey Ty, are you coming. The party is starting in less than twenty-three minutes and I really want you to meet my parents before the party starts.

[Tyler] Hold on, I'm coming

[Ashley] Hurry, my parents and my aunt are already welcoming guests.

[Tyler] You're like four blocks away, calm down. I'm almost there.

[Ashley] Hurry. Are you here? Hold on I think I can see you.

[Tyler] I'm here

[Ashley] Luckily for you, daddy and mommy just finished talking to someone. Hurry and get inside before they go talking to someone else.

[Tyler] I'm coming in.

[Ashley] Sure

Tyler walked in and Ashley rushed up to him, placing her arm around his hand.

[Ashley] I'm really happy you're here.

[Tyler] I didn't want to come. But since you didn't want me to sleep in peace,well...

[Ashley] I know, I'm irresistible. Come meet my parents.

They went up to Mr. and Mrs. Crane, Ashley's parents.

[Ashley] Mommy, daddy, I'd like you to meet Tyler Woods, my boyfriend.

[Mrs.Crane] Tyler Woods, your parents own Woods - Lyfe Technical Company, right?

[Tyler] Yes please.

[Mr.Crane] We would love for you to keep dating our daughter. She has told us a lot about you.

[Ashley]  Wait what? I have?

Mrs. Crane squeezed Ashley's hand so she would shut up.

[Tyler] I love your daughter. I'll hold on to her as long as I can.

Ashley smiled at him.

[Mrs.Crane] Well, we'd love that, thank you. Now if you will excuse us...

[Tyler] Of course.

[Ashley] Bye mom, bye dad

After her parents left, Ashley went closer and placed her arm around Tyler.

[Ashley] You'll hold on to me as long as you can huh?

[Tyler] I wasn't lying though.

They kissed and started walking towards the tables.

[Ashley] I'll go check if my cousin is ready.

[Tyler] I'll wait for you

When Ashley left, Tyler began to look around. He had been here before, nine years ago. The house looked so much better now.

Ashley finally came back with a few girls including the celebrant. She looked a bit sad as she bit her lip. As Tyler looked closer, he thought he knew the celebrant.

She came down the stairs, Tyler felt like he was hallucinating. But it was real. The celebrant was none other than Amber!

Tyler felt like she was stalking him. But he remembered it was her party.

That's right. Her birthday party. Ashley's cousin's...

[Ashley] Umm...Ty?

[Tyler] Amber's your cousin?

[Ashley] Oh. Uhh...yeah, she is. Isn't she the prettiest?

He scratched his hair. How was he supposed to answer that? Apparently, Ashley noticed his silence and tried to change the subject.