If planned and lured to say the right things at the right time, then Lu Zhi's actions and words were simply too predictable. Ling Yucheng had always admired her. He was also willing to do many things in order to make her happy. At such an important occasion, how could he allow Shen liang to steal Shen Jing's limelight?

"The banquet is reaching an end. Liangliang, could I pay a visit to the Marquis Donglin Manor in the future to find you?" concurrently, there were two young ladies on stage competing in a game. Xaing Zhuo wasn't interested and directly started chatting with Shen Liang.

With his initiation, the others at the table also glanced over in unison. They had all developed a good impression of Shen Liang and hoped to be able to interact with him more in the future as well.

"Perhaps it'll be better to reconsider. I'm not afraid of being laughed at by you, but the courtyard I live in is far from the main courtyard. There are only three rooms available for residing and simply no guest rooms to allow your stay. If I were to greet you at the front gate with the status of the heir of the Marquis Donglin Manor, I'm afraid Shen Xiao and Shen Qiang will definitely make their presence aware as well. Perhaps they might even invite the elders over. Don't mention you, even I would find myself uncomfortable then."

Shen Liang swept his gaze over the group and shook his head helplessly. Afterwards, he was greeted by their disappointed expressions. Hence, he then added with a smile: "Why the look? Even if I can't entertain any of you as guests, can't you entertain me as your guest? As long as you extend me an invitation, I will definitely answer to it. Besides, once spring break reaches its end, I will be reporting to Tianmen Academy as well."

"You have to keep your word! If I write you an invitation, you can't refuse," Xiang Zhuo and the group's disappointed expressions dissipated immediately. The group of young Gers all smiled with brilliance and sincerity. No matter their status, at present, they were only a group of friends. 

"Yes, yes, yes. The second Young Master Xiang ahs already decreed his orders. Where do I find the audacity to refuse?" Shen Liang also had the intentions to befriend them. Before these youths, he felt nostalgic and felt as though he had returned to his teenage self.

"Look, Young General Ling has gone up stage," amidst their discussions, Yang Tianyu swept a casual glance on stage and hurriedly called on the rest for their attention.

Young General Ling?

Shen Liang arched an eyebrow. He was actually quite familiar with the man. However, the other party was not familiar with him. In his previous life, when he suffered from abuse at Tianmen Academy, despite being Shen Jing's more fervent admirers, the young man never raised a hand against Shen Liang. He simply didn't pay Shen Liang any attention. Shen Liang was familiar with him because the man's cousin was the concubine of the fourth prince, and as the fourth prince's concubine himself, the two of them had a lot of contact with each other.

Ling Yucheng was a rather impulsive and confident man. He came from a family of warriors and was a good warrior himself. Unfortunately, he too, died too young. His death was even more aggrieved than Pei Yuanxian and Elder Brother. At least the latter two died on the battlefield and fulfilled their duty and prestige appropriate for the youths from generations of famous generals. But Ling Yucheng, he died for Shen Jing. It was a shame that even when he died, he never realized that he was simply used by Shen Jing. As for Shen Jing herself, what she wanted could never be satisfied by the simple title of a general's wife. 

"I never thought that Young General Ling would also join in on the fun. I wonder who you wish to challenge?" the crowd's impression of Ling Yucheng had always been favorable. In addition, his cousin was the third prince's concubine. He could be considered a distant relative of the Imperial Family. As such, the Duke of Duanjun's tone was particularly amicable and enthusiastic.