Chapter 9: Warmth

Sonic's a drama queen

And Shadow has a talk with (a unconscious) Tails.

He calls him "little one."

It's cannon you can't say it's not.

AND MORE BIG SIS ROUGE

(AND LITTLE SIS AMY— SHES A SWEETHEART)

IM POSTING THIS STORY ON AO3!!! MY USER IS:

One_last_idiot1

(And the ship I chose will be clear as you read this chapter >;)
______________________

Sonic was asleep. Soft snores sounding in Shadows sensitive ears. The echidna walking silently beside him. It had took them a long time to get the blue hedgehog to finally calm down enough before the other tore them apart. Literally.

Shadow still felt the phantom feeling of claws digging into the fur on his chest- the feeling of his own blood staining his fur, pupil-less eyes tearing into his own, the screaming, the tears, and the cries for his brother. Never had Shadow felt pure terror like he had in that moment.

————

Shadow teleported them away from the hospital. As soon as he let go of the other hedgehogs shoulder, and the echidnas, Sonic screamed out. Forcing him to cover his ears in pain as the shriek was sure to have damaged his ears if he didn't. But he didn't know that the echidna let go of the other to protect his own.

As soon as the echidna let go Sonic stop screaming and wiped around and began to shoot across the forest at speeds Shadow didn't even know the hedgehog had. The echidna grabbed Shadow; much to his shock, and Shadow was thrown towards where the hedgehog had shot off to. Shadow landed on the ground behind Sonic, running with his own speed, no where near Sonic's (he was always a close second but now, Sonic's speed shook the earth as it trembled beneath his feet—each step leaving craters in the ground.)

Shadow couldn't catch Sonic. No, he was far too slow compared to the thundering terror of speed that Sonic was producing. So instead Shadow chaos controlled, and only had a mere second to prepare himself as Sonic slammed into his side. (Shadow felt the crack of a rib but it would be healed fast.) they crashed into as tree, the tree snapping at the force and soon tumbling down.

Shadow looked at his side and saw Sonic about to pick himself up, but Shadow thought first; he grabbed Sonic's arm tightly, his grip sure to break Sonic's wrist and he threw Sonic into the tree on the ground —the same one that had come tumbling down just moments ago— and he grabbed Sonic's shoulder with his other hand keeping him there.

"Sonic!! You need to calm down!" Sonic ignored him, far too gone to hear his words as he let out another shriek and thrashed in his grip. Barely flinching at the potion of his wrist in Shadows grip. Sonic was winning the fight, but Shadow held strong until the echidna appeared next to him. Sonic was now standing, his free hand grabbing Shadow by his chest and Piercing skin as long talon-like nails dug into his chest without mercy.