'i just arrived and i already lost something' you complain to yourself. 

'need help?'

the voice almost scares you, you get back up so quickly that your head hits the car ceiling. 'fuck' you automatically bring your hand to your head and look at the person behind you. and it's like you forget how to breath and how to talk. you might have put your eyes on the most attractive girl on earth. 

'are you okay?' she asks, worried. her green eyes explore your face for an answer. it takes you a few seconds before you find your words. 'yeah, you just scared me. i thought everyone was already inside' you say. 'i don't think we can smoke inside' she shows you the joint she holds between her fingers.

you nodd, not knowing what to respond to that. 'you lost something?'

'my phone, can't find it'

she chuckles. 'i can make your phone ring, if you want'

you look at her taking her phone from her pocket and unlock it. she hands it to you, revealing the tatoo on her arm. she doesn't stop looking at you when you tap your phone number. it takes like two seconds before you both can hear under pressure resonating inside the car. you forgot you put it in the passenger seat pocket. you end the call, and the song stops. 'thank you'

you give her phone back, she smiles. the smoke escapes her mouth when she speaks. 'queen and bowie... that ring tone would send everyone to voicemail'

you can't help but laugh a little. the way she sounds make you cheeks warm up. she notices how shy you are, and she kinda likes it. it's cute.

'i'm ellie' she says, looking at you looking at the grass. you raise your eyes to meet hers. they look go bright and green. you notice the freckles on her face. you tell her your name, which she repeats quietly 'nice'

and that was the first time you spoke to the girl who will share your room for thirty days, the first person you will see when you will wake up and the last when you will go to sleep.

she stubs out her joint and heads for the house. you look at the way she walks. her hands are in her pant's pockets. she wears a white t-shirt and converses. a masculine look, totally the opposite of what you imagine. you follow her. 

you are glad dina chose this house. it's right in front of a lake and the whole environment looks peaceful. you actually hate loud places, which means you hate noise and crowded places. living in a house with seven other people would have get you reluctant if you were to spend an entire month in a big city. 

from the outside, the place looks smaller than what actually looks from the inside. all the decoration is a mix of brown (brown like wood), beige and green. everything looks confortable. there is a fireplace in the living room, which makes you regret to be here in the middle of summer because you know it would have been great to use it during winter. you notice there is no tv and no wifi, but with everything dina planned for the next thirty days, paying for tv would have been useless. there are two circular sofas put in front of each other and separated by a circular low table. the whole place reminds you of a familial atmosphere. you imagine sitting one of the sofa in your pyjamas with other persons who would either sit on the sofas like you or sit on the ground at the low table. there would be a game on it, like scrabble or monopoly

you walk through the room, passing through the kitchen till you reach the stairs. you meet abby's friend, the young boy you saw her talking to. you smile at him and introduce yourself to him before he introduces himself as well as 'lev'. you follow him until you reach the end of the stairs.

once upstairs, you find the others almost in a circle in the long corridor where the four rooms are.

'we've already got the groups for the rooms, but now we have to choose who gets which room' announces diane. 'who wants to choose?'