"He's done," Batman spoke. "What are your readings, Witch?"

"Similar to your results," she spoke, leaning on the screen. "You've really got this thing cleaned up."

"Well?" Clark asked.

"Nothing definitive," Batman replied. "I have no idea what powers could manifest next, if any at all."

"But," you spoke, "if they do, and I live with Conner, mind you, they're probably going to be caused by growth hormones or extreme emotional stress."

"Let's test that theory,"

You whipped around to hear Jon screaming. You jumped into action, diving after him and grabbing his hand.

"Damian!" Bruce yelled.

You shot your grapple upwards and caught the ledge, and both of you bounced as your fall came to a sudden stop.

"Good save, Lorri," Day spoke, levitating down.

She picked you both up with her telekinetic power, and began to slowly raise you both, as to not startle Jon.

"Are you okay, Jon?" You asked, looking down.

"Blackbird just saved my life..." he said in awe, while also hyperventilating.

When you both landed safely on the ground, Jon's fanboy shock manifested into anger.

"What was that? Are you kidding me?!" He yelled as he whipped around to Robin. "You piece of--"

"What? You said a traumatic moment might help him unlock some more powers."

"That doesn't mean kill him!" You yelled, wrapping your arms around Jon like he was a puppy.

Damian snorted.

"If I wanted to do that, he's already be dead."

"That's enough, Damian," a strong voice spoke, and you all turned around.

"Renee!" You called, smiling.

"Hi, sweet pea," she dropped her duffel bag onto the floor, walking towards the group.

"You're back," Bruce stated.

"Yep," she sighed. "Just in time."

"Who is this kid?" Jon asked, only to get hit in the head with a birdarang.

"Ow!"

"Damian!" Renee whipped around. "You are not a child!"

He shrunk back for a moment, eyes going wide.

"I'm so sorry, Clark," Renee turned back to Superman.

"It's fine. Kids are kids, yours have been through a lot."

"Uh, Damian's not hers- -"

"Day!" You yelled, shushing her.

Renee let out a long, heavy sigh. Damian looked at her, still partially in shock.

"I don't know how Talia raised you, but I'm not Talia, or your father. Leave,"

Damian let out a scoff, stomping out of the room. You sighed, rubbing your temple.

"I think he missed you," you laughed lightly.

"Go talk to him," she sighed. "Jason was a pain in the ass 'till Ella kicked it."

"Yes, ma'am,"

You turned around, jogging towards Damian's direction, but turned back just in time to see Renee giving Bruce a small peck on the lips.

You knew it was hard for her. They had been dating since the floods, in Bruce's early years of Batman. Gotham was sent under by Riddler's first ever attack, and Renee was on the front lines, fighting the assholes who dare endanger others. She loved Bruce, she really did. It was Dick and Grace who had gotten them to get married, but then Talia al Ghul showed up and fucked up everything.

You knew they didn't like to talk about it. Not even Damian did. Bruce was supposed to be strong. What would people think if they found out he was drugged and raped?

She was trying with Damian, she really was. It was hard for her to raise him, for sure. But every boy needs a woman's touch. She still kissed him goodbye when she left for work, and she made him dinosaur pancakes, just like she did for you.

Renee loved Damian. If only he would love her back. Maybe he did. He had started to call her umiy.

Six long months of breaking down the assassin exterior had been just as tough on Renee as it had been on you. But the fruits of her labor were sweet. Damian was sweet.

When he wanted to be.